Fwd: [habifem] JOIN NOW: WOMEN'S HOUSING RIGHTS LIST SERVE

  • minush@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2000
      Dear all,
      I guess this will be of interest for some of you.
      The women's caucus has done quite a bit of work over this last year on
      women's land rights, access to and control over land, which also led to the
      CSD NGO Steering Committee starting an issue caucus on land (see
      www.csdngo.org/csdngo). Pam Ransom from WEDO is one of the co-chairs of the
      land caucus.
      We are currently discussing possible further work on women & land with a
      broad coalition of networks & organisations, aiming to use the Istanbul+5
      process and the 2002 process to promote women's access to and control over
      land.
      Best wishes,
      Minu

      Dr Minu Hemmati
      UNED Forum
      CSD NGO Women's Caucus
      3 Whitehall Court
      London SW1A 2EL
      UK
      Tel +44 207 8397171
      Fax +44 207 9305893
      Email minush@...
      Web www.uned-uk.org and and www.earthsummit2002.org and
      www.oneworld.org/uned-uk
    • Gender Unit UNCHS(Habitat)
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2000
      • minush@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
          Dear Diana,
          good to hear from you - I trust all is well.
          Jan, Pam, Achola, Redwood Mary and myself had a brief meeting in New York
          last week, exchanging information about what has been going on re women &
          land since our activities at CSD-8. We ageed to move further on the issue,
          using the Istanbul+5 and the 2002 process. Jan and Pam offered to get
          together sometime soon and start drafting a list of planned activities and
          possible funding sources, and circulate this. We also need to identify who is
          interested in doing what.
          Jan is in touch with Tabitha. The idea is to try and work with a broad
          coalition of organisations, groups, networks.
          Best wishes,
          Minu