Update on Rio+20 Collaboration in the U.S. and Human Impacts Institute Mobilize US! Campaign

  • Tara DePorte
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 9:35 AM
      Hello all!

      We have a lot of exciting updates from the Human Impacts Institute (HII) about the Mobilize US! campaign for Rio+20.  If you are new to what we are working on: we are working with amazing partners (such as CitNet, Global Kids, NRDC, SustainUS, and more!) and LOOKING FOR NEW PARTNERS to work on mobilizing high-level political will and civil society engagement in the United States for real, effective environmental governance and change at Rio+20.  If you are working, or interested in working, in the U.S. on these issues, please join us by sending an email to Tara@... and joining our Mobilize US! Google Group.

      Mentoring for Mobilize US! Message
      A first exciting announcement is that we have been offered mentorship from Purpose.com to develop our joint campaign messaging and tools for collaboration over this great endeavor!  Human Impacts Institute representatives will be meeting with the Purpose.com team next week to present some initial draft ideas and will report back to you all.  Thank you Purpose!

      Conference Call Check-ins for U.S. Mobilization on Rio+20 2011-2012
      Realizing that we will need to check-in on our joint progress, we have developed dates for monthly conference calls for us all to touch base on our individual and collective progress in mobilizing political will and community awareness for Rio+20 in the U.S.  All interested parties are invited to attend and please send us any agenda items to Tara@... at least one week before the call to be included in the call agenda.  We will send out the call agenda and reminders to the Mobilize US! Google Group a few days before each meeting, so please be sure to join and you can then email the group at: mobilizeus@...

      The Conference Calls will be on the third Friday of the month from 12pm-1pm EST  Please add these dates and the call information to your calendars!
        • August 19th, 2011, 12pm-1pm EST
        • September 16th, 2011, 12pm-1pm EST
        • October 21st, 2011, 12pm-1pm EST
        • November 18th, 2011, 12pm-1pm EST
        • December 16th, 2011, 12pm-1pm EST
        • January 20th, 2012, 12pm-1pm EST
        • February 17th, 2012, 12pm-1pm EST
        • March 16th, 2012, 12pm-1pm EST
        • April 20th, 2012, 12pm-1pm EST
        • May 18th, 2012, 12pm-1pm EST
      Conference Dial-in Number: (209) 647-1000
      Participant Access Code: 254970#

      Platform Development for Collaboration
      The Human Impacts Institute and our many partners are working to develop a simple platform for us to collaborate for the Mobilize US! campaign.  We are going to be developing a blog in which you can post updates and links to your group/individual work, as well as a website with open-source advocacy toolkits for "Rio+20 Houseparties", writing your Congressperson templates, etc.  We will also be developing in the upcoming month an interactive map where each of you can post what you are doing to mobilize for Rio+20 in the U.S.  Below, we have included the links to our DRAFT Google Documents concerning the website development, toolkits, and other materials.  We welcome your comments, questions and any resources or ideas you have!  Save these links to check back to see how the drafts are progressing.  You can send your comments, etc to: Tara@...

      We have also been developing, with your help, a working list of groups to partner with for Mobilize US!  We are looking to grow this list, so if you are not on it, please send us your information and we will add you to the list.  If you have ideas of other groups or individuals to join, please let us know, (Tara@...) as well!  See who we have, so far here:

      Mobilize US Campaign Development
      If you've missed some of the meetings and messages so far, we have a record of our here-to-for meeting notes, HII outreach emails for you to review at any time here:

      Mobilize US! Campaign:  Rio+20 Meeting Notes and Communications

      Please, feel free to check back on this link, as well.  We will update it with any communications/meetings from our end, so we can all stay in the loop.

      Whew!  I think that's it for this update.  We look forward to hearing from you and talking with you at our next conference call on Friday, August 19th at 12pm EST.  Please, feel free to forward this email to any colleagues or interested parties.  And THANK YOU for your commitment to sustainability and collaboration.

      In Solidarity,

      Tara DePorte

      --
      Tara DePorte