A Request From Our Indigenous Mothers At Black Mesa

  • Redwood Mary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008

      Critical Deadline Only Days Away! Please Act Now to stop the proposed Black Mesa Project: Peabody Coal Company's massive coal-mining expansion plans on the Dine' (Navajo) & Hopi peoples sacred ancestral homelands of Black Mesa, AZ. Your voices are urgently needed before the comment period closes July 7, 2008!

      For details http://www.blackmesais.org/

      The following action alert is from The Black Mesa Water Coalition:

      Dear friends and relatives,
      Please take a few minutes to read and hopefully respond! We have being trying our best to handle the railroading tactics of Peabody, the Office of Surface Mining and its desire to mine more coal!
      Best, BMWC

      Black Mesa Project permitting process Re-opened! Deadline for commenting: July 7, 2008.

      Coal is the liver of Mother Earth, keep it in the ground, keep her alive and healthy!

      In 30 years the Black Mesa mine has contributed an estimated 325 million tons of CO2 to the atmosphere! If Peabody's Black Mesa Project is permitted, coal from the Black Mesa mine could potentially contribute an additional 290 million tons of CO2 to the global warming crisis!

      Save Nihima Dzil Yijiin! Protect Our Mother Black Mesa!

      Mary Rose(Redwood Mary) Kaczorowski
      Executive Director, Circle The Earth - Grassroots Women Taking Action for a Sustainable Future
      P.O. Box 14146, Berkeley CA 94712  USA

      NGO Delegate U.N. Commission on Sustainable Development, Womens' Major Group; California Women's Agenda, Environmental Co-Chair
      E-mail:   infocircletheearth@...    Web: http://www.circletheearth.netfirms.com/
      REDWOOD MARY's BLOG:http://redwoodmaryncalifornia.blogspot.com/ & Column at:http://www.feminist.com/activism/environment.html