[women-csd] Outreach message

  • Minush@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 1999
      Dear All, we are posting once more the "First Women's Caucus Outreach"
      message which some of you haven't received before.

      ____________________________

      Women's Caucus Outreach:
      In preparation for CSD 8 (April 2000) with the following subject matters:
      - land management
      - sustainable agriculture
      - forests
      - finance & trade
      - day on indigenous peoples

      We need contact persons to liaise with caucuses and major groups, esp. the
      following relevant ones:
      - consumption and production: Minu Hemmati (UNED-UK)
      - finance and trade: June Zeitlin (WEDO)
      - agriculture: Chief Bisi (COWAN, Nigeria)
      - youth: Rosa Lizarde (WEDO)
      - trade unions: Chief Bisi (COWAN, Nigeria)
      - industry: Minu Hemmati (UNED-UK)
      - indigenous peoples: Beatriz Schulthess (The Earth Council), Marta Benavides
      (Instituto Internacional para la Cooperacion entre los Pueblos)

      We need a person from each of the following regions
      - Africa
      - Asia
      - Europe
      - North America
      - Caribbean & Latin America

      The Women's caucus strongly advises that we all should be fully prepared for
      CSD-8 because the subject matters are very important for women, especially
      poor women farmers.

      To this end, we are suggesting that women organize national, sub-regional and
      regional meetings around the above-mentioned subject matters. The outcome of
      your meetings, seminars or workshops should be forwarded to:

      Chief (Mrs.) Bisi Ogunleye
      Country Women Association of Nigeria
      No. 7 Awosika Crescent Ijapo Est.
      Akure Ondo State
      NIGERIA
      Tel: 234 34 231 945
      Fax: 234 34 241-001
      Email: cowan.b@...

      Minu Hemmati
      United Nations Environment and Development - UK
      3 Whitehall Court
      London SW 1A 2EL
      UNITED KINGDOM
      Tel: 44 171 839-1784
      1 212 963-5610
      Fax: 44 171 930-5893
      Email: minush@...

      Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO)
      355 Lexington Avenue
      3rd Floor,
      New York, NY 10017
      Tel: (212) 973 0325
      Fax: (212) 973 0335
      email: wedo@...

      Also if you have any relevant material that will help us prepare as a body
      for this important session, please forward to the above-mentioned contacts.

      We also welcome suggestions for activities that will highlight the
      contributions of women and their initiatives for sustainable production &
      consumption, food systems, trade & finance, land management and indigenous
      peoples.

      If you have access to the Internet, please check the following websites:
      - CSD NGO Steering Committee website at www.csdngo.org/csdngo
      - Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) website at
      www.wedo.org
      - UNED-UK websites at www.oneworld.org/uned-uk and at www.uned-uk.org

      A list server (electronic working group) has been set up for the women's
      caucus.
      e-group's home page at http://www.egroups.com/list/women-csd

      Thank you very much - we are looking forward to working with you!

      Chief Bisi Ogunleye Minu Hemmati
      Southern Co-Coordinator Northern Co-Cordinator
      of the CSD NGO Women's Caucus of the CSD NGO Women's Caucus

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/women-csd