FW: ELDIS Gender Reporter, 18 May 2005

  • minu hemmati
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      FW:

      ELDIS GENDER REPORTER
      http://www.eldis.org/gender

      This is our regular bulletin highlighting recent research
      publications on gender issues.

      The documents listed are available without charge on the
      web. If you are unable to access any of these materials
      online and would like to receive a copy of a document
      as an email attachment, please contact our editor at
      the email address given below.

      For more research and training material on addressing gender,
      please visit our website at http://www.eldis.org/gender

      IN THIS ISSUE:
      RESPONDING TO THE CRISES IN DARFUR
      1. Sudanese women's priorities and recommendations to the Oslo
      Donors' Conference on Sudan

      IMPACT OF GENDER MAINSTREAMING & GENDER ANALYSIS
      2. Gendered analysis of the working for water programme: a
      case study of the Tsitsikama Working for Water project
      3. UNHCR's age and gender mainstreaming pilot project 2004:
      synthesis report
      4. State of the world's mothers 2005: the power and promise of
      girls' education

      GENDER MAINSTREAMING TOOLS
      5. Gender and energy for sustainable development: a toolkit
      and resource guide
      6. Rural households and resources: a SEAGA pocket guide for
      extension workers

      GENDER, CONFLICT AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
      7. Searching for best practices to counter human trafficking
      in Africa: a focus on women and children
      8. Violence against girls in detention
      9. Forgotten casualties of war: girls in armed conflict

      SEXUAL REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
      10. Women's sexual control within conjugal union: Implications
      for HIV/AIDS infection and control in a metropolitan city

      GENDERED IMPACTS OF TRADE LIBERALISATION
      11. Research on working & living conditions of women in Export
      Processing Zones (EPZ) and sweatshops in Indonesia

      ANNOUNCEMENTS:
      * Job: ELDIS Research Assistant
      * Job: CIIR seek Capacity Building Advisor: project
      management, networking, fundraising and advocacy, Timorese
      Women's Network, East Timor
      * Job: Project accounting officer, Women for Women
      International, Washington, D.C.

      ________________________________

      ELDIS currently includes descriptions and links
      to over 4,500 organisations and over 12,000 full-text
      online documents covering development and
      environmental issues. It can be searched or browsed
      without charge over the Internet.

      You are welcome to re-use material from this bulletin
      on your own website, provided that it is accompanied
      by an acknowledgement to Eldis and a link to the Eldis
      website (either to our home page or to the home page
      of one of our Resource Guides).

      An alternative way to add Eldis content to your website
      is by adding one of our newsfeeds. See the page at:
      http://www.eldis.org/newsscript/select.htm

      If you are unable to access any of these materials
      online and would like to receive a copy of a document
      as an email attachment, please contact our editor at
      the email address given below.

      ELDIS is funded by DFID, SDC, Sida and NORAD, and
      hosted by the Institute of Development Studies,
      Sussex, UK.

      If you would like to receive this bulletin (or any
      other of our subject focused email bulletins)
      regularly (without charge), you can register from
      our home page, or just email to the address below.

      Contact details:

      ELDIS Programme
      at the Institute of Development Studies, Sussex
      Brighton BN1 9RE, UK

      Email: eldis@...
      Tel: +44 1273 877425
      Fax: +44 1273 621202