Financial Support for the Participation of AFASDA at WSIS Summit Geneva december 2003

  • Elvire Eugène
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      AFASDA(Association Women Sun of Haiti) presents its best salutations.We are an association which aims at helping the women to organize itself to reflect and to act for a society more balanced with dynamic participation of the Women.The copy of our Website gives more information about our association.We are working in the sectors:Education, Health, Environment, Human rights, Children of the Streets, Information, Mass media...

      Website:www.haitimedical.com/afasda

      We must take share at the World Summit Information and Development which will be held from the 9 to December 14 in Geneva.For faciliting and allow the participation of 2 members of AFASDA, we kindly request to you to grant a financial support to us.

      Knowing your option and priority for all that is:Devlopment, Human Needs, Formation, we are persuaded that our step will be taken into account and that we will have a positive answer as soon as possible.We send our sincere thanks to you.

      Coordinator, Elvire Eugene

      P.Jean-Paul Edmond, Advisor

      I- Information

      Nom:AFASDA (Association Women Sun of Haiti)

      Adresse:Rue 21 J-k # 145

      Cap-Haitien Haiti

      Tél:011-509-557-4626

      Email:afasdacap@...

      Website:haitimedical.com/afasda

      Contact: EUGENE Elvire

      P.Jean-Paul Edmond

      Tel.: 011-509-557-4626

      Fax:011-509-262-3902

      Meeting: World Summit Information, Technology and Development

      . Date:9 -14 December 03

      Where:Geneva

      Contribution requested: U$ 8000

      II -Objectives of the Conference:

      1- It will treat questions relate to the information and communication about the World .It will make possible to approach a vision and comprehension comun about the transformation and develpment in the World by the Technology and Communication.

      2- It will be an occasion for sharing experiments, the ínitiatives , formulations of proposals, determining better incidences and impacts on the community especially of the third countries .

      3- it will grow up a world coalition of the third countries for better contributions of the communications, investments, technologies in the development.

      III-results:

      1-Better cooperation to reduce the variation of the numerical fraction by statements of principle and action plan.

      2- Renforcement of the actions and strategies for the installation of a network of solidarity and cooperation.

      3-Setting of a structure, follow-up and partnership to manage to a universal and equitable access to meet the needs for the third countries with the leitmoitve"Information, Technology a Public property for all "...

      Iv- BUDGET:

      a-entry: Local participation U$ 1000

      Contribution requested 8000

      --------------------

      U$ 9000

      B-Expenditure:

      Ticket/voyage $ 4000

      Hotelt/Meals 3000

      Inscription/Fees 2000

      TOTAL U$ 9000

      Local Participation 1000

      Contribution requested: U$ 8000

      N.B: Here the Account number for the Transfer

      Unibank Cap-Haitien Haiti

      U$ Saving Account

      Eugene Elvire

      Number: 500-2216-181-3207