Disposing of empty wood stain tins

  • Joanne Vos
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2011
      Good afternoon all - I have about 8 large tins to dispose of as we have finished staining the wood on our outdoor area.

      I am assuming that i should not put them in the normal rubbish as they have a picture of a rubbish bin that is crossed out on them. They are also too big to put into the tin recycling.

      Is there somewhere special I am meant to put them? Are they like medicines that should be returned to the chemist ie I return them to the shop I bought them from? I got the stain at Hornbach but I don't recall seeing a return spot there anywhere?

      Thanks for your help.
      Jo
    • Caz Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2011
        As far as I can see Jo the recycling centre in Lachen will take them.

        Materialien  Altglas, Altmetall (Alteisen), Altöl, Aluminium, Batterien, Bau-, Garten- und Hobbygeräte, Chemikalien, Gifte, Medikamente, EDV- und Bürogeräte, Unterhaltungselektronik, Grubengut, Grüngut, Haushaltgeräte, Karton, Kork, Leuchten und Leuchtmittel, PET-Flaschen, Sperrgut, Spielwaren mit elektr. Komponenten, Stahlblechdosen, Styropor, Textilien und Schuhe

        should come under chemicals and poisons.

        Caz x

        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2011
          Thanks Caz!