The January 2006 Free State Project Recruitment Challenge

  • wyomingliberty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2006
      The January 2006 Free State Project Recruitment Challenge
      http://www.freestateproject.org/getinvolved/recruitingchallenge/

      If you missed the FSP News, here are the details of the TN FSP
      Recruitment Challenege The January 2006 Free State Project
      Recruitment Challenge The members of the Tennessee FSP local group
      are committed to the future success of the FSP. We have worked hard
      in 2005 to recruit new members to the FSP. Participants and Friends
      of the FSP posted recruitment flyers on college campuses from
      Chattanooga to Memphis. We appeared on two talk radio shows and
      set-up a table at the 2005 Gandhian Conference on Nonviolence. We
      also gave speeches at a couple Libertarian Party county meetings and
      set up a table at the state Libertarian Party convention.

      However, we could have done much more, and much more is exactly what
      we plan to do in 2006. The TN FSP will start off the year with a
      recruitment challenge for our comrades:
      For every member that joins the FSP in January 2006, the TN FSP will
      donate ten dollars to the FSP.

      This is the perfect opportunity for fence sitters to hop off the
      fence and into the Free State. Need an excuse to have a local group
      meeting? Use this drive as the excuse. Need that extra incentive to
      post recruitment flyers around your town? Use this drive as the
      excuse. Over the last few months, the FSP has gained around fifty
      new members per month. Fifty times ten dollars is five hundred
      dollars. We're prepared to contribute that and more—make us give
      more! More money for the FSP means more money for recruitment. More
      money spent on recruitment means even more new participants.

      Excited about recruiting new members in January 2006? Excellent. For
      useful resources, see the following parts of the FSP website:
      FSP Activist Center-
      http://www.freestateproject.org/getinvolved/activistcenter.php
      Downloads to spread around-
      http://www.freestateproject.org/getinvolved/downloads/
      Community Liaisons-
      http://www.freestateproject.org/getinvolved/liaisons/
      Local Groups- http://www.freestateproject.org/community/localgroups/

      Update: Vince Silvia (of Massachusetts) has pledged to match the TN
      FSP with an additional $10 for each new membership in the month of
      January 2006 – up to $500. And he challenges any other FSPer to
      match him!

      The reasoning behind the new recruitment challenege-

      To Increase Membership
      More people are likely to join the FSP if they know that by simply
      signing up, that ten dollars will be helping to finance the future
      of the freedom movement. They will not be making an important
      decision by themselves, but will have the TN FSP backing up their
      decision with money. This is the perfect opportunity for fence
      sitters to hop off the fence and into the Free State. Current
      members may give their spouses that needed nudge and get them to
      sign up for the FSP. Local groups, liaisons, and other members may
      work harder to recruit new members.

      To Increase Excitement
      The FSP is a very exciting idea. However, it is several years old
      and some people no longer see excitement in the idea. We could
      dismiss those people, or we could do something about it. This
      recruitment drive is an effort to do something about it. We will
      create the excitement. Need an excuse to have a local group meeting?
      Use this drive as the excuse. Need that extra incentive to post
      recruitment flyers around your town? Use this drive as the excuse.
      Hopefully, this drive will encourage others to come up with future
      recruitment drives.

      To Increase Funds
      Over the last few months, the FSP has gained around fifty new
      members per month. Fifty times ten dollars is five hundred dollars.
      So, if the worst case scenario came true and the FSP did not
      increase recruitment in January 2006, the FSP will still gain five
      hundred dollars from this drive. However, with all of the increased
      recruitment and excitement, the membership will almost certainly
      increase by more than fifty.