Re: [wnyfsp] Re: I'd like to make something happen this summer

  • barbara hughes
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      don
       be interested in your table idea,not much for walking. perspective time/date? concert days, or maby opening weekend.
       by the way im vbe75 on the message board.

      Don Lovelace <ejsliquo@...> wrote:
      Ok
      I'm still going to look into some sort of signage for along the
      route.

      "Liberty in our lifetime" is ok, but I don't think everyone
      understands what "liberty" is.
      The msg. needs to be targeted like some of the flyers Keith and
      Steve sent me . Reduce your taxes, end victimless crime laws and
      such would probably catch someones eye.

      The Town Board of Pembroke are real pricks about signs. I guess they
      are pricks about everything. For example: election was on a tues.,
      on wed, the very next day, they voted themselves a raise. Now that's
      balls.

      Don

      --- In wnyfsp@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens wrote:

      > Interesting idea, Don. Last summer we had a table at one of the
      Darien
      > Lake concerts and handed out hundreds of flyers, bumper stickers,
      and
      > matchbooks. My only concern about distributing flyers to stopped
      traffic
      > is that some people might either consider it a nuisance or be
      afraid to
      > roll down their windows to take a flyer. This kind of appeal is
      also
      > untargeted - in other words, only a small percentage of those
      people are
      > likely to be liberty-loving, and only a small percentage of those
      would be
      > willing to participate in the FSP. On the upside, there isn't much
      > financial outlay for something like that. If we had an event to go
      along
      > with it, something we could hold for local people to attend, that
      might
      > make something like this more worthwhile.
      >
      > Jason

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Don Lovelace
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        Barbara:

        Thanks for your interest!

        I have signed up at darien lake web site to be notified about the
        concert schedule. The schedule isn't posted yet.

        I need to get in touch with the owner of the building I was refering
        to in my previous post(at rts. 33 & 77). To see how thing are going
        with him.

        There is a railroad bridge over rt. 77, that could use a nice FSP
        sign hanging over it. I think our sign would look better than the
        graffiti that's there now.

        Any ideas or thoughts you or any one else can come up with, please
        share with the rest of us.

        I tend to be a procrastinator, thinking "oh we have plenty of time
        for this". Then I run around at the last minute putting out fires.
        So it would be nice to work on a project that is planned out for a
        change.

        Nice to "meet" you vbe75.

        Don

        --- In wnyfsp@yahoogroups.com, barbara hughes