need help with -- test.pl "not ok 16"

  • graziarl
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23 10:32 AM
      Hi, I have downloaded the QueryData package and I think I have
      followed the installation steps appropriately.
      When I run test.pl I see it prints out:
      "Found WordNet database version 2.1"
      Of course, my WNHOME is set to version 2.1 because I have some other
      softwares that use the 2.1 version.

      It might be for that reason that test.pl prints
      "not ok 16"
      evidently cannot find some information in WordNet 2.1, which would
      be available in WordNet 2.0.

      I woudl like test.pl to use WordNet 2.0. How could I tell it to use
      WordNet 2.0 without having to change my WNHOME ?

      Hope you can help soon !

      Thank you.

      Grazia
    • jasonrennie
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23 2:39 PM
        --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, "graziarl" <glassner@u...> wrote:
        > I woudl like test.pl to use WordNet 2.0. How could I tell it to use
        > WordNet 2.0 without having to change my WNHOME ?

        Please read the man page:

        http://search.cpan.org/doc/JRENNIE/WordNet-QueryData-1.38/QueryData.pm

        Jason
      • graziarl
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23 3:02 PM
          --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, "jasonrennie" <jrennie@g...> wrote:
          > --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, "graziarl" <glassner@u...> wrote:
          > > I woudl like test.pl to use WordNet 2.0. How could I tell it to
          use
          > > WordNet 2.0 without having to change my WNHOME ?
          >
          > Please read the man page:
          >
          > http://search.cpan.org/doc/JRENNIE/WordNet-QueryData-
          1.38/QueryData.pm

          > Jason

          Thank you, that worked. But I still get the unitizialied value at line
          QueryData 546 <GEN9> line 2 ...

          Grazia
        • graziarl
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23 3:15 PM
            --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, "jasonrennie" <jrennie@g...> wrote:
            > --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, "graziarl" <glassner@u...> wrote:
            > > I woudl like test.pl to use WordNet 2.0. How could I tell it to
            use
            > > WordNet 2.0 without having to change my WNHOME ?
            >
            > Please read the man page:
            >
            > http://search.cpan.org/doc/JRENNIE/WordNet-QueryData-
            1.38/QueryData.pm

            > Jason

            This is the error message I get, even after having passed the
            correct path to WN2.0:

            perl test.pl
            I get:
            Use of uninitialized value in hex at mypath/WordNet/QueryData.pm line
            547, <GEN9> line 2

            Any idea ?

            Grazia
          • Jason Rennie
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23 4:09 PM
              On 5/23/05, graziarl <glassner@...> wrote:
              > perl test.pl
              > I get:
              > Use of uninitialized value in hex at mypath/WordNet/QueryData.pm line
              > 547, <GEN9> line 2

              Please post the full output of the "perl test.pl" run.

              Thanks,

              Jason
            • graziarl
              Message 6 of 8 , May 23 5:34 PM
                --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, Jason Rennie <jrennie@g...> wrote:
                > On 5/23/05, graziarl <glassner@u...> wrote:
                > > perl test.pl
                > > I get:
                > > Use of uninitialized value in hex at mypath/WordNet/QueryData.pm
                line
                > > 547, <GEN9> line 2
                >
                > Please post the full output of the "perl test.pl" run.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Jason

                Here it is
                v1.6: 1..36
                v1.7: 1..38
                v1.7.1: 1..37
                v2.0: 1..54
                ok 1
                Found WordNet database version 2.0
                not ok 2
                ok 3
                ok 4
                ok 5
                ok 6
                ok 7

                After that it prints out:
                Illegal hexadecimal digit 'o' ignored at
                c:/perl/site/lib/QueryData.pm line 537, <GEN9> line 1.
                Argument "in" isn't numeric in numeric lt (() at c:/perl ... line
                543, <GEN9> line 1.
                Use of unititialized value in string eq at test.pl line 31, ,GEN9>
                line 1.
                Illegal hexadecimal digit '~' ignored at c:/perl ... line
                537, ,GEN9> line 2.
              • Jason Rennie
                Message 7 of 8 , May 23 6:54 PM
                  Welp, the fact that it dies before running all the tests and that test
                  2 fails tells me that something is definitely wrong. :) However, I'm
                  not sure what the problem is. My first guess would be that your
                  WordNet database is somehow corrupt. You could try re-installing the
                  database... What type of system are you on? Linux? Windows?
                  Solaris?

                  Jason
                • graziarl
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 23 7:47 PM
                    --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, Jason Rennie <jrennie@g...> wrote:
                    > Welp, the fact that it dies before running all the tests and that
                    test
                    > 2 fails tells me that something is definitely wrong. :) However, I'm
                    > not sure what the problem is. My first guess would be that your
                    > WordNet database is somehow corrupt. You could try re-installing the
                    > database... What type of system are you on? Linux? Windows?
                    > Solaris?
                    >
                    > Jason

                    Windows XP. I'll re-install WN 2.0 and let you know.
                    Thank you.
                    Grazia