QueryData 1.38

  • Jason Rennie
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19 9:58 AM
      is out!

      http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrennie/WordNet/

      It simply fixes the bug that Beata noticed. The change worked as
      expected and didn't break any tests, so I figured there was little
      reason to wait. Send mail to this list if you notice any problems.

      Thanks,

      Jason
    • beata_b_bk
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22 6:24 AM
        --- In wn-perl@yahoogroups.com, Jason Rennie <jrennie@g...> wrote:
        > is out!
        >
        > http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrennie/WordNet/
        >
        > It simply fixes the bug that Beata noticed. The change worked as
        > expected and didn't break any tests, so I figured there was little
        > reason to wait. Send mail to this list if you notice any problems.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jason

        Thanks, Jason.

        go-karts are treated correctly now :-)

        Beata
      • Maheedhar Kolla
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 21, 2005
          It seems that "arrive" in Sense 1 doesn't have any hypernym { as in
          WordNet 2.0 , and i assume its the same in 2.1 }.

          <snip O/p of "wn arrive -hypev " >

          Sense 1
          arrive, get, come

          Sense 2
          arrive, make it, get in, go far
          => succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
          </snip>

          HTH,
          Cheers,
          maheedhar.

          On 21/10/05, Debanjan <dghosh5@...> wrote:

          > HI:
          > I am using Query Data 1.38 for hypernym calculation. Basically I am
          > interested in sense#1 and so forth. This module is working pretty fine but I
          > got stucked with few examples.
          > Suppose I use ,
          > $res = join(", ",$wn->querySense("arrive#v#1", hype) );
          >
          > This does not give me any result. Any clue ?
          >
          > thanks in advance
          > Debanjan

        • Debanjan

            It simply fixes the bug that Beata noticed.  The change worked as
            expected and didn't break any tests, so I figured there was little
            reason to wait.  Send mail to this list if you notice any problems.

            Thanks,

            Jason

            WordNet::QueryData web page: http://people.csail.mit.edu/~jrennie/WordNet/

          • Debanjan
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 21, 2005
              Hi Maheedhar,
              Thanks for your reply. Yeah I also found the same just now using the interfaces of WordNet 2.0.

              Best
              Debanjan

              PS - Can anyone suggest is there any measure to find out similarity between a "region" relation, such as between america and world_trade_center or Afghanistan and al-qaeda.
              thanks again!