go-karts again

  • beata_b_bk
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19 1:17 AM
      I just found out that there is no entry for "kart" in Wordnet,
      so splitting on hyphen won't help.
      This is indeed a strange case where a word is used in a hyphenated
      piece, but not on its own.
      So, I guess the fix should come from \w+ direction...

      Thank you again,

      Beata
    • Jason Rennie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19 9:08 AM
        On 5/19/05, beata_b_bk <beata@...> wrote:
        > I just found out that there is no entry for "kart" in Wordnet,
        > so splitting on hyphen won't help.
        > This is indeed a strange case where a word is used in a hyphenated
        > piece, but not on its own.
        > So, I guess the fix should come from \w+ direction...

        Yup. You've certainly found a bug and from what I can tell, the fix
        you're suggesting is the correct one. Seems that we need to replace
        every instance of `\w+' in the tokentDetach function with `.+'. It
        looks like tokenDetach only works on single tokens, so it should never
        see underscores. Does this make sense to you? Anyone else have
        comments before I make the chance and release a new version?

        Jason