Re: Where does wmls11b look for playlist files?

  • Keith Audrey Lim
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Jose,

      You will need to update your wmls11b with a newer firmward either 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 (mine is 2.3.6).
      There is one caveat here, this utility does not work on a Vista machine.  You will need to install it on a non Vista such as an XP machine.
      Download one of the Firmware.2.3.6.zip from the same link above.  Run the BridgeCo Firmware Update Utility and update the firmware to 2.3.6.
      You should be ready to go.
      If you want to get the wireless working, the easiest is to make sure that the wireless router is where everything is connected to: i.e. both the wmls11b and the the server (in your case the Vista where your Media Player 11 is configured).

      HTH,
      Keith

      p/s please include the wmls11b@yahoogroups.com as someone may provide you different perspectives to your question.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2008
        Works fine for me doing just as you mentioned (created in WinAmp) and played from my PC with Twonky.  Two things to check.

        1.  Does the PCH UPnP server support playlists?  M3U format?  If you can see them on the WMLS11B, they are probably supported.  If they are supported, do they need to be in a specific folder for the PCH UPnP server to see them?
        2.  Do the M3U files contain the proper path to the files?  Remember, it's the path for the UPnP on the PCH that matters, not WinAmp (unless you are running WinAmp on the PCH?).  If you created them in WinAmp by pointing at the files on the PCH, you've got the right start.  I don't know for sure, but suspect the PCH devices are embedded Linux.  If so, edit the .M3U files.  Remove the drive letter and colon (e.g. D:) from all of the paths and swap the Windoze "\" for the Linux "/"

        Hope that helps,
        -Brad

        On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:08 AM, rob_wmls11b <replayrob@...> wrote:

        Any other suggestions?

        Thanks,
        -Rob

      • trhaverstock
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
          Thanks for making this post! I have been fiddling with Twonky trying
          to get it to work for ages and stumbled upon this accidently. Aha! I
          am up and streaming in 30 seconds. Woo hoo! Windows Media Player is
          pretty darn good for what I am trying to accomplish.

          --- In wmls11b@yahoogroups.com, Keith Audrey Lim <keithandaudrey@...>
          wrote:

          > I am using Windows Media Player (version 11) as the media server.  I
          am surprise that not more people using it as the server.  It is quite
          simple to use.  Once you install it, just go to under the Library menu
          item and select  Media Sharing. It will detect the wmls11b clients
          that are attached and guide you through setting up.   Also, you can
          filter criteria for what would be available to the clients.  E.g. only
          those albums with 3 stars rating, etc.

          > On playlist for Media Player, you simply create a new play list and
          they will show up on the client playlists.