Re: [wmlprogramming] jakarta tomcat installation

  • Gus
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Liam Hartley wrote:

      > I can run a binary which tries to start a servlet engine on port 8080
      > cept it gets an error saying that port 8080 is already in use. I guess
      > I'll have to find out how to change the default port.

      Well, you could. Or you could see whats currently using 8080. As root, try
      lsof -P |grep TCP | grep 8080 | awk '{print $1}' to see the process name
      using the port. The port assignment is in $SERVERROOT/conf/server.xml btw.

      > Theres also something to do with an apache module - I haven't got a
      > clue how that fits into the big picture.
      >
      > Can anyone throw any light on the situation?

      Sounds like you need to read up more on the whole issue. See
      http://httpd.apache.org/ and http://jakarta.apache.org/

      --
      - angus@... -
      = Zygo Communications, London UK =