PICTURE SMS

  • Nuruddin Alamgir
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2000
      MODERATOR: I'm never sure if I should stop
      postings like this under the OT paragraph
      or let them go through, since they may be
      interesting to many on the list.
      I'm letting it through. If anyone here has strong
      feelings about this, please report to me
      personally.

      Hi Everyone,

      I have seen many websites allowing you to send Picture SMS. I have done a bit of research on this and came to know that the the picture sms is send as few SMSs one after the other and the Phone should be able to assemble these messages to and display the image. At the moment, very few phones (NOKIA) supports these picture messaging.

      My question is what goes behind the scenes while sending these picture sms. What kind of data is send in the message that is translated into the picture. What additional software/hardware would i need to be able to send picutre SMS from my server.

      Thanks a lot for your time,

      Best regards

      Nur
      nur@...