Re: [wmlprogramming] Help

  • Victor Bhattacharjee
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
      You shall have to get a WAP phone that supports the WTAI specifications.
      Nokia 7110 doesn't support it.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
        hi nicholas,
        Nokia 7110 has a propreitary tag called "use number"(or something
        similar) which essentially initiates a voice call.
        It would be better if you post your replies to the group...that way the
        chances of getting useful feedback increases and more people can share the
        knowledge :-)

        victor

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
          Thanx again Victor..

          Wondering if anybody can help me to go abt with Nokia 7110 on how to dial
          number ?

          Thanks & Regards,

        • Svein Mathisen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
            Hi!

            If you push the menu-softkey when you are browsing a page, you can choose an
            function called "Use number" in the menu. This function displays ALL the
            numbers from the wml-card. Then you have the chose the one you like to dial.
            But when you dial you vil be disconnected from the internet though.

            ex.
            If you have a wml-card that displays this:
            <
            Nicholas Tay
            Streetaddress 45
            0034 area
            Tlf: 12345678

            and uses the "use number" function you get the following list of numbers:
            45
            0034
            12345678
            to choose from.

            Hope this helps you.

            Svein.

          • James Pearce
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2000
              It's not a proprietary tag, but actually a browser menu option that will
              parse through a WML page looking for anything it thinks might be a phone
              number. Naturally this is an inexact science, and sometimes it asks you
              whether you want to phone a ZIP code.

              Once you've selected which set of digits in the page you want to call, it
              will drop the CSD call, and initiate a voice call.

              Can't be done by the application developer (i.e. WTAI is not supported)

              James

            • David Fleet
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2000
                Hello.

                The 'use number' things is a bit tacky I think.

                You have to have a phone number written in the code of the deck. On the
                phone options button, just scroll down to 'use number' and select it and the
                phone calls the number.
                But I think it disconnects your wap session.

                Han.

                > Wondering if anybody can help me to go abt with Nokia 7110 on how to dial
                > number ?
                >

                > Thanks & Regards,
                > Nicholas

              • Nicholas Tay