Calling asp script from Linux

  • Simon Tay
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi!

      I'm using Windows 2000 IIS5.0 as my web server. I have a wap gateway which
      resides on my linux machine.

      When I access my wml pages on my web server via my linux wap gateway, the
      pages display fine. However, it cannot access asp script, and returns error.

      Is there any way which asp script can be access via linux/unix platform wap
      gateway? Or did I miss something?
      If it cannot be done, care to explain why?

      Thanks
      Simon
    • Gus
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
        On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Simon Tay wrote:

        > When I access my wml pages on my web server via my linux wap gateway, the
        > pages display fine. However, it cannot access asp script, and returns error.

        ...which you've not included, making it a little difficult to help.

        > Is there any way which asp script can be access via linux/unix
        > platform wap gateway? Or did I miss something?

        The platform a gateway runs on seldom influences it's behaviour, for
        example the NT and HP/UX versions of Nokia's WAP gateway perform virtually
        identically.

        What I suspect the issue is, is that the gateway you are using (Kannel ?,
        Angelica ?) does not have some functionality you depend on, or you're
        doing something silly like using a non-standard character set,
        windows-1251, for example, where you should be using an ISO character set.
        If it is the latter, then run your programs through "demoronizer" which
        will replace the non-ISO characters with their ISO equivalents.

        Regards,
        _Gus

        --
        - angus@... -