[wmlprogramming] Re: wmlc vs wml (was: rumours)

  • robert.cayzer@my.arthurandersen.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2000
      Sure Espan,

      If you access a wmlc file directly from the file system or web server, the
      emulator shows the decoded source.

      cheers,
      rob.c.

      To: wmlprogramming@egroups.com
      cc: (bcc: Robert Cayzer)
      Date: 01/01/2000 05:58 AM
      From: Espen.Lyngaas@...
      Subject: [wmlprogramming] Re: wmlc vs wml (was: rumours)

      >Because that's what the phone works with? Either it finds the wmlc
      >code directly on the server, or the WAP gateway converts the wml
      >to wmlc code before sending it to the WAP device.

      Really? Can someone verify this? I looked into this a while ago, and it
      seems to me that the gateway doesn't affect the code *that* much...

      So, if I load a WML deck with an emulator through a gateway, the gateway
      compiles the code, and the emulator decompiles it back to the original
      source? Nah, that sounds strange... Even the comments...

      --
      Espen Lyngaas, IT Consultant, Color Group ASA
      http://home.c2i.net/elyngaas/

      GET $100 IN COUPONS FOR TRYING GATOR!
      Grab the Gator! Free software does all the typing for you!
      Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at
      over 100,000 web sites!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/341/3/_/2388/_/946677519

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/wmlprogramming/

      the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
      In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
      reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
      to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other
      information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
      firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.