Device Models for iOS

  • Rishit Shetty
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2013
      In one of the data files we noticed device model versions for iOS devices. Are we able to detect Hardware versions for iOS devices?

      Regards,
      Rishit
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2013
        We can in a limited set of circumstances, but in general, this is so unreliable that it did not make sense for WURFL to introduce this as a standard feature and give the wrong message that Apple's devices hardware can be detected by analysis of the HTTP request.
        The way to go is that content providers demand that Apple discloses this information in HTTP, since hiding it has been a deliberate choice of Apple.

        Luca