New ScientiaMobile website plus some considerations on #RWD

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
      People of WURFL, it is with great pleasure that I announce that we launched a new company website today:

      As you will quickly observe, this site is Responsive, i.e. it will adapt itself to a plethora of not too small screen sizes.
      Of course, as you know, RWD leaves plenty of space for further optimization if you are one of us "adaptation engineers".

      For this reason, we leveraged WURFL for quite a few optimizations that make the site even faster and more usable on legacy devices.

      I explained the approach here, alongside ScientiaMobile's stance on Responsive Web Design:

      Thank you

      Luca

    • John Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Luca,

        Your new site looks great! Congratulations on putting all your strategies in place.  I think RWD does capture a large amount of what's needed in a sort of 80/20 way, but continue to be interested in what's happening with that last 20% :)  I can imagine many cases in which a uniquely optimized experience matters.

        On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Luca Passani wrote:

        People of WURFL, it is with great pleasure that I announce that we launched a new company website today:

        As you will quickly observe, this site is Responsive, i.e. it will adapt itself to a plethora of not too small screen sizes.
        Of course, as you know, RWD leaves plenty of space for further optimization if you are one of us "adaptation engineers".

        For this reason, we leveraged WURFL for quite a few optimizations that make the site even faster and more usable on legacy devices.

        I explained the approach here, alongside ScientiaMobile's stance on Responsive Web Design:

        Thank you

        John Keith
        jtkeith@... | skype:jtkeith
        503.781.9825