iPad Mini user-agent

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2012

      People, in case you are curious, Apple has chosen once more to make the UA string served by different devices appear the same.

      For iPad Mini we are seeing this and it is identical to what you get from a traditional iPad:

      Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A406 Safari/8536.2

      I have a hard time understanding the rationale for this choice. Anyway, WURFL, and everyone else, will be unable to recognize the new iPad programmatically from inspecting the HTTP request

      Thanks