Debian's Firefox detected as mobile device

  • Boris Folgmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
      Hi,

      sadly Debian forked Firefox to something called Iceweasel, which is not
      properly recognized by WURFL.

      The User-Agent is:
      Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2011050718
      Iceweasel/3.0.6 (Debian-3.0.6-3)

      Please include it properly in WURFL!

      Tnx,
      Boris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
        I see this UA being detected as a generic web browser, which seems correct.

        What are you seeing exactly? what are you expecting to see?  are you using the Java API? version?

        Luca

        On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Boris Folgmann <boris@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        sadly Debian forked Firefox to something called Iceweasel, which is not
        properly recognized by WURFL.

        The User-Agent is:
        Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2011050718
        Iceweasel/3.0.6 (Debian-3.0.6-3)

        Please include it properly in WURFL!

        Tnx,
               Boris

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           wmlprogramming-digest@yahoogroups.com
           wmlprogramming-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Boris Folgmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
          Hi Luca,

          Luca Passani schrieb/wrote:
          > I see this UA being detected as a generic web browser, which seems correct.

          No. Not with the current Java API.

          If I test here
          http://tools.scientiamobile.com/?user-agent-string=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28X11%3B+U%3B+Linux+i686%3B+en-US%3B+rv%3A1.9.0.19%29+Gecko%2F2011050718+Iceweasel%2F3.0.6+%28Debian-3.0.6-3%29
          it's also unknown.

          > What are you seeing exactly? what are you expecting to see? are you using
          > the Java API? version?

          Simply mapping to the matching Firefox version might be the best idea.

          cu,
          boris