Re: [wmlprogramming] Re: Web Patch file

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2012
      Thank you Aashish,

      we are adding some extra matchers to recognize smart tvs with version 1.4 of the
      API. Those matchers will pool smarttvs UA strings out of the way before they
      interfere with desktop web browser recognition.

      Luca

      On 1/30/2012 5:45 AM, aashish_np wrote:
      > Hi Luca,
      >
      > For me, using WURFL as a standalone application, this merger doesn't show any problems.
      >
      > But, I have encountered some issues (using both merged xml and xml with web browser patch) with the user agents associated with Google Chrome showing version 19 for versions other than 19 like for example:
      >
      > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/10.04 Chromium/11.0.696.71 Chrome/11.0.696.71 Safari/534.24
      >
      > Another confusion I am having is with these different Google Chrome versions installed in the same Windows 7 machine
      >
      > For UA string "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.77 Safari/535.7", it has been identified(devID) as google_chrome_19, whereas UA string "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.126 Safari/533.4" from the chrome browser in the same machine has been identified as "logitech_revue_ver1".
      >
      > What seems to be the problem? Please help me.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Aashish
      >
      > P.S: Sorry for spamming this post. I can post it as a separate one if you want.
      >

      > --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "luca_passani" <luca@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> People, here is a preview of the new wurfl.xml which integrates the web patch.
      >>
      >> Can you please give it a spin and report?
      >>
      >> http://www.scientiamobile.com/download/wurfl_merge_web_patch_experimental.zip
      >>
      >> We do not see why there should be a problem, but since the change might have an impact on deployed systems...
      >>
      >> btw, this wurfl.xml should also work for those who have edited the web patch. Of course they now get a chance to trim that custom web patch a little bit.
      >>
      >> Finally, this snapshot includes device data still unreleased to the big public, i.e. here is your incentive to give it a spin :)
      >>
      >> Luca
      >>
      >> --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Luca Passani <luca.passani@> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> People, we are seriously considering the merge of the web patch file into the
      >>> big WURFL for the next release of the WURFL APIs.
      >>>
      >>> This will mean no need for WURFL users to download and separately configure the
      >>> web patch file.
      >>>
      >>> If someone has something to object to this move, now is the time. Please use
      >>> your most convincing arguments in that case.
      >>>
      >>> Thank you
      >>>
      >>> Luca

    • aashish_np
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2012
        Hi Luca,

        What about my other question regarding Google Chrome user agents being identified as Chrome version 19 for all versions of the browsers? What seems to be the problem there?

        It'll be great to see the new version of API, when can we expect it? ;)

        Aashish