Hardware Detection using iOS User Agents

  • Rishit Shetty
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      All,

      Does the WURFL API provide a way to distinguish between iOS hardware versions? For example, would it be possible to distinguish between iPad I and iPad II. Or would it have to be based on well known capabilities of each device? I tried looking for this elsewhere but could not find anything other than a few work-arounds. Would anyone be able to help?
      Thank you in advance.

      Regards,
      Rishit

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
        On 11/1/2011 11:56 PM, Rishit Shetty wrote:
        > All,
        >
        > Does the WURFL API provide a way to distinguish between iOS hardware versions? For example, would it be possible to distinguish between iPad I and iPad II. Or would it have to be based on well known capabilities of each device? I tried looking for this elsewhere but could not find anything other than a few work-arounds. Would anyone be able to help?
        > Thank you in advance.

        it was Apple's decision to keep the different hardware versions indistinguishable.