Re: Stop UserAgentOverrideException In Latest wurfl.zip

  • bruno.verachten@laposte.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2011
      Dear All,

      am I the only one having problems with the 31 12 2010 release and the last browser patch?

      Best regards,

      Bruno Verachten

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2011
          Hi Luca,

          thanks for this quick answer.
          Well, I seem to have an inconsistency between the patch file (september 2010) and the last wurfl.xml file.
          The message is the same that in the previous posts:
          Device: net.sourceforge.wurfl.core.resource.ModelDevice@7eda34f5[generic_web_browser] override defined user-agent: DO_NOT_MATCH_GENERIC_WEB_BROWSER with overriding user-agent:Mozilla/4.0

          When I empty the patch file, or not use it, everything goes fine.
          When I put a previous version of wurfl.xml file, it works with the patch.

          Kind regards, and happy new year!

          Bruno Verachten
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2011
            Bruno, you are right. My mistake. We did a change in the wurfl.xml about the
            generic_web_browser to make it consistent with the choice of avoiding quasi-real
            UA strings which may confuse the matching algorithm.

            The updated web_browser_patch should fix the problem

            http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/web_browsers_patch.xml

            please give it a spin

            Luca

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2011
              Hi Luca,

              > The updated web_browser_patch should fix the problem
              You're right, my website is now up and running with your fix!

              Thanks a lot for your work and your time, it's really appreciated!

              Best regards,

              Bruno Verachten