APC with WURFL

  • Jesse Wakeley from HEROweb/MightyMerchant
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010

      Hello All,

      I am attempting to set up wurfl using APC for caching, which is already running on our server. This is what I have in wurfl-config.xml:

              <persistence>

                      <provider>apc</provider>

              </persistence>

      Firstly, please tell me if that is correct.

      If so, when I am using file for caching, everything works fine. When using apc, I get the following error:

      PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'WURFL_WURFLException' with message 'capability name: is_wireless_device not found' in /usr/local/lib/phplib/wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php:97

      Stack trace:

      #0 /usr/local/lib/phplib/wurfl/CapabilitiesHolder.php(49): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->getCapabilityForDevice(NULL, 'is_wireless_dev...')

      #1 /usr/local/lib/phplib/wurfl/Device.php(68): WURFL_CapabilitiesHolder->getCapability('is_wireless_dev...')\n#2 /usr/local/apache/htdocs/wakeleytestmobile/index.php(58): WURFL_Device->getCapability('is_wireless_dev...')

      #3 {main}\n  thrown in /usr/local/lib/phplib/wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php on line 97

      Any ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Jesse

    • Asres Gizaw Fantayeneh
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
        Hi Jesse,

        There was a bug on that perisitence provider(which has been fixed in trunk). I added some more feature and fixed a bunch of
        bugs in the code base so as soon as i write some doc on the new feature i will release the new version.

        If you are impatient you can check out from the svn repo at

        Fanta

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010

          Hi Fanta,

          Thanks for your email yesterday. I checked out the trunk and attempted to set it up. Now I am getting the following error:

          PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There is no device with id [generic] in wurfl' in wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php:82

          Stack trace

          #0 wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php(45): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->getDevice('generic')

          #1 wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php(41): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->init()

          #2 wurfl/DeviceRepositoryBuilder.php(47): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->__construct(Object(WURFL_Xml_PersistenceProvider_APCPersistenceProvider), Array)

          #3 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(126): WURFL_DeviceRepositoryBuilder->build('/usr/local/lib/...', Array)

          #4 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(102): WURFL_WURFLManagerFactory->deviceRepository(Object(WURFL_Xml_PersistenceProvider_APCPersistenceProvider), Object(WURFL_UserAgentHandlerChain))

          #5 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(57): WURFL_WURFLManagerFactory->init()

          #6  testmobil in wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php on line 82

          Hope this helps!

[...]

          PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'WURFL_WURFLException' with message 'capability name: is_wireless_device not found' in wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php:97

          Stack trace:

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010

            I should have noted that this seems to just happen when using a desktop browser (Firefox 3.6.8), probably just devices falling back to the generic device. I’ve tested using an iPhone, and it seems to be working fine.

            ~Jesse

            #0 wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php(45): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->getDevice('generic')

            #1 wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php(41): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->init()

            #2 wurfl/DeviceRepositoryBuilder.php(47): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->__construct(Object(WURFL_Xml_PersistenceProvider_APCPersistenceProvider), Array)

            #3 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(126): WURFL_DeviceRepositoryBuilder->build('/usr/local/lib/...', Array)

            #4 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(102): WURFL_WURFLManagerFactory->deviceRepository(Object(WURFL_Xml_PersistenceProvider_APCPersistenceProvider), Object(WURFL_UserAgentHandlerChain))

            #5 wurfl/WURFLManagerFactory.php(57): WURFL_WURFLManagerFactory->init()

            #6  testmobil in wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php on line 82

            #0 wurfl/CapabilitiesHolder.php(49): WURFL_CustomDeviceRepository->getCapabilityForDevice(NULL, 'is_wireless_dev...')

            #1 wurfl/Device.php(68): WURFL_CapabilitiesHolder->getCapability('is_wireless_dev...')\n#2 /usr/local/apache/htdocs/wakeleytestmobile/index.php(58): WURFL_Device->getCapability('is_wireless_dev...')

            #3 {main}\n  thrown in wurfl/CustomDeviceRepository.php on line 97