Status of WURFL .Net API

  • doron.work
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2010
      Hi,

      I intend to use WURFL in a .Net application.
      The problem is that I see that the .Net API haven't been updated for over a year, as opposed to the Java and PHP API's which according to the trac on wurflpro.com are being worked on.

      Is the .Net API still being worked on?

      Also, I can see that the matching is using not only the XML file but also some hard coded code (ie. matchers and handlers). Does that mean that the detection of the .Net API is not as accurate as that of the java?

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
        Doron, you are right that the DotNet API is lagging behind. A couple of
        reasons for this:

        1) the .Net environment is not free (at least not the complete toolset
        that we need for debugging and testing). If Microsoft does not think
        that WURFL is important enough for its own ecosystem to come offering us
        a complimentary version of their developing tools, I will happily let
        the .Net version lag behind. You can add a line in the matrix which
        measures the cons of adopting Microsoft vs other platforms :)

        2) WURFL-Pro's engineer that takes care of the .Net API is very busy
        with other (and more important) stuff at the moment.

        In practice, if you want a .Net port of the latest Java API, you have
        the following options:

        1) do it yourself (and redistribute as GPL, unless you are confident
        that this will only be for your own internal use)

        2) contact me off-line and we can set up a paid project to put
        development of the .Net port on the fast track for you.

        Thanks

        Luca

        doron.work wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I intend to use WURFL in a .Net application.
        > The problem is that I see that the .Net API haven't been updated for over a year, as opposed to the Java and PHP API's which according to the trac on wurflpro.com are being worked on.
        >
        > Is the .Net API still being worked on?
        >
        > Also, I can see that the matching is using not only the XML file but also some hard coded code (ie. matchers and handlers). Does that mean that the detection of the .Net API is not as accurate as that of the java?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Walter Padrón
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2011
          Hi,

          I intend to use the WURFL.Net API but found its lagging behind and the
          last commit was 7 months ago.

          Is the API currently being developed?

          Thanks
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25, 2011
            We have done some progress there, but I am momentarily anable to commit to any release date nor what the license for the .Net API is going to be.

            Luca

            2011/2/24 Walter Padrón <wpadroncu@...>
            Hi,

            I intend to use the WURFL.Net API but found its lagging behind and the
            last commit was 7 months ago.

            Is the API currently being developed?

            Thanks

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               wmlprogramming-digest@yahoogroups.com
               wmlprogramming-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Rok
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
              Hi,

              we have our own wurfl .net api which is serving our needs perfectly. The thing is being improved constantly as we are using it in our revenue-making environment (images, ringtones, video download and streaming, etc.). You can contact me on my e-mail address for more info.

              BR, Rok.

              --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "doron.work" <doron.work@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I intend to use WURFL in a .Net application.
              > The problem is that I see that the .Net API haven't been updated for over a year, as opposed to the Java and PHP API's which according to the trac on wurflpro.com are being worked on.
              >
              > Is the .Net API still being worked on?
              >
              > Also, I can see that the matching is using not only the XML file but also some hard coded code (ie. matchers and handlers). Does that mean that the detection of the .Net API is not as accurate as that of the java?
              >
              > Thanks.

            • fravelgue
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
                Hello,