BUG? Firefox/IE browser returns FALSE for xhtml_table_support

  • mickeyckm88
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi,

      I'm currently integrate Wurfl for my wap site and based on the browser capability, I will display layout with/without table markup.

      Firefox/IE's preferred markup is "html_web_4_0". However, to my surprisem, when I run getAllCapabilities(), it shows "table_support=true" and "xhtml_table_support=false".

      Since "html_web_4_0" falls in "xhtml_ui" group, i did a detection to only look for "xhtml_table_support" and not "table_support".

      Hope I did it right and thanks in advance for all the replies.

      Cheers,
      Mickey
    • Steve Kamerman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        Mickey, the desktop user agents are only detected by the WURFL APIs in order to make sure the visiting device is not mobile.  The specific capabilities of desktop web browsers are not consistent and not always defined by the browser.  This is the reason that the capabilities seem strange.  You should NOT rely on the WURFL desktop web browser capabilities for your application.  As a general rule, if ['product_info']['is_wireless_device'] == true, you should serve your normal web page to the client.

        What WURFL API are you using?
        Thanks,

        Steve Kamerman
        http://www.tera-wurfl.com
        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM, mickeyckm88 <mickeyckm@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        I'm currently integrate Wurfl for my wap site and based on the browser capability, I will display layout with/without table markup.

        Firefox/IE's preferred markup is "html_web_4_0". However, to my surprisem, when I run getAllCapabilities(), it shows "table_support=true" and "xhtml_table_support=false".

        Since "html_web_4_0" falls in "xhtml_ui" group, i did a detection to only look for "xhtml_table_support" and not "table_support".

        Hope I did it right and thanks in advance for all the replies.

        Cheers,
        Mickey

        Recent Activity:
        As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned from WMLProgramming!
        .