HTML Support in Email Programs on Mobile Phones

  • Marc Guay
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I hope this isn't out of the scope of the group. I've been given the
      task of creating a mobile friendly email campaign. Is there any good
      documentation on this? My understanding of the situation is that the
      built-in Blackberry email program cannot render HTML at all, thus
      rendering useless anything beyond straight text (even a link to open
      the browser and display something half-nice looking on a web page
      wouldn't work?). Does anyone with some experience in this department
      have any advice on where to take this? My original idea was to
      implement a simple "Mobile version" link in the email that goes to a
      web page with proper device detection.

      Cheers,
      Marc
    • erikh2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2009
        Marc,

        I don't think WURFL applies to the e-mail you send.

        Your probably want to send a message that contains both HTML and plain text encodings. In the HTML encoding, just use the standard-compliant XHTML with no frills. In the plain text encoding, you can send plain text if you like and add a URL to your mobile site.

        -Erik