JSF Framework query

  • Kevin O'Sullivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
      Hi - I'm doing some research on JSF frameworks for developing fairly
      simple web apps (form based, mostly text output with some images for
      branding). Does anyone have any experience using Mobile JSF
      (originally from Ericsson - now open source
      https://mobilejsf.dev.java.net/) or Apache Trinidad
      (http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/mobile.html) ? I
      understand that Mobile JSF uses WURLF in the RenderKit to generate
      correct output to the various devices.

      Rgds, Kevin.
    • Olaf Dunn
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
        I found this, thought it was interesting, its possible to edit the user
        agent of the Samsung D807 on the phone itself.. I am not sure if its
        possible on other Samsungs too.

        I found it on Wikipedia:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_SGH-D807

        *#82# -- Display WAP User Agent.
        *#92782# -- Edit the WAP User Agent. Default setting is "SEC-SGHD807/1.0
        TSS/2.5
        *#827# -- Display WAP UA Profile.
        *#927827# -- Edit WAP UA Profile. Default is setting
        "http://wap.samsungmobile.com/uaprof/d807_10.xml"\

        Olaf
      • JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
          Hi,

          I published long time ago a comparison between Mobile JSF and MyMobileWeb.

          http://mymobileweb.morfeo-project.org/archives/mobile-jsf-vs-mymobileweb

          MyMobileWeb follows a similar approach than JSF, but which it is basically much more powerful and flexible than current JSF implementations.

          http://forge.morfeo-project.org/wiki_en/index.php/MyMobileWeb_Getting_Started_3.4

          Best Regards

          Hi - I'm doing some research on JSF frameworks for developing fairly
          simple web apps (form based, mostly text output with some images for
          branding). Does anyone have any experience using Mobile JSF
          (originally from Ericsson - now open source
          https://mobilejsf.dev.java.net/) or Apache Trinidad
          (http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/mobile.html) ? I
          understand that Mobile JSF uses WURLF in the RenderKit to generate
          correct output to the various devices.

          Rgds, Kevin.

        • Alejandro Guerrieri
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
            For the record, I'm now evaluating MyMobileWeb and I'm pretty impressed with
            it's capabilities and ease of use.

            Juan Manuel and fellow people on MMW list had helped me a lot during the
            setup (most if not problems were eclipse and tomcat related in fact).

            After that, I was building and tweaking an example project in no time!

            My experience with JSF was not as nice, it's a web tool grown up to adapt to
            mobile, while MMW was born with mobile in mind.

            If your main focus is web, while maintaining _some_ mobile compatibility, a
            good fully ajax very eye-candied option is ZKoss http://www.zkoss.org/

            Regards,

            Alejandro