Re: [wmlprogramming] About the decision to eject Tom Hume from WMLprogramming

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 16, 2008
      I will stop this discussion here. I have said what I had to say. Just
      one point which I don't get from your message:

      Alejandro Guerrieri wrote:
      > Rules should be
      > equally applied to _all_ members of the community. We all remember your
      > infamous "W3C F***ers in action" subject and many other examples where you
      > have done what some other people would probably consider insulting.

      I am not sure where calling the W3C "fuckers" is a break of
      WMLProgramming's rules (be it old or new).

      I agree it is insulting to W3C, but:

      - WMLprogramming is not a W3C list.

      - When I wrote it, I did intend to insult them, because they deserved it.

      Luca
    • Alejandro Guerrieri
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 16, 2008
        I would consider insulting someone or the company he belongs to/work for as
        "Provocations and subtle attempts to irritate other partecipants" (well,
        maybe not so subtle).

        Insulting people and/or companies usually leads to flame wars, pissing
        matches and/or endless/fruitless discussions. IMHO you as the list manager
        has the responsibility to keep the discussion tone low, otherwise the
        signal/noise ratio would drop.

        Regards,

        Alejandro