Re: [wmlprogramming] False value capabilities

  • passani@eunet.no
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
      > I've always wondered why there are capabilities in WURFL with false
      > value? Can anybody tell me the reason?
      > I would assume that if that capability is not supported, then it's
      > just not going to be included instead of having a false value.

      because you have not figured out how WURFL works yet

      Luca
    • Juan Nin
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
        On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM, <passani@...> wrote:
        >> I've always wondered why there are capabilities in WURFL with false
        >> value? Can anybody tell me the reason?
        >> I would assume that if that capability is not supported, then it's
        >> just not going to be included instead of having a false value.
        >
        > because you have not figured out how WURFL works yet
        >
        > Luca

        LOL

        I'll be a bit less drastic...

        The main cases where this can happen (besides of the "generic" device)
        are cases of devices which inherit capabilities from their parent (or
        upper) which are set to true, but that device itself doesn't support
        them. So on that device itself you set them to to false.

        On those cases there shouldn't be too many capabilities on the device
        where that happens, if not, it probably means that it's parent device
        is not the ideal one. :)

        Regards,

        --
        Juan Nin
        3Cinteractive / Mobilizing Great Brands
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
          Thank you, Juan. You have been very very helpful.

          Hertanto

          --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Juan Nin" <juanin@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM, <passani@...> wrote:
          > >> I've always wondered why there are capabilities in WURFL with false
          > >> value? Can anybody tell me the reason?
          > >> I would assume that if that capability is not supported, then it's
          > >> just not going to be included instead of having a false value.
          > >
          > > because you have not figured out how WURFL works yet
          > >
          > > Luca
          >

          > LOL
          >
          > I'll be a bit less drastic...
          >
          > The main cases where this can happen (besides of the "generic" device)
          > are cases of devices which inherit capabilities from their parent (or
          > upper) which are set to true, but that device itself doesn't support
          > them. So on that device itself you set them to to false.
          >
          > On those cases there shouldn't be too many capabilities on the device
          > where that happens, if not, it probably means that it's parent device
          > is not the ideal one. :)
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > --
          > Juan Nin
          > 3Cinteractive / Mobilizing Great Brands
          > http://www.3cinteractive.com

        • Rodolfo Int
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 12, 2008
            I've downloaded all the examples and none can get the true value cababilities for desktop browsers

            http://wurfl.marg.si/category/wurfl-api/
            http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/dotnet/index.php#do

            > I've always wondered why there are capabilities in WURFL with false

            > value? Can anybody tell me the reason?

            > I would assume that if that capability is not supported, then it's

            > just not going to be included instead of having a false value.

            because you have not figured out how WURFL works yet

            Luca

            Yahoo! Cocina
            Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
            http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

          • san.liaonovak
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 26, 2008
              --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, passani@... wrote:

              > > I've always wondered why there are capabilities in WURFL with false
              > > value? Can anybody tell me the reason?
              > > I would assume that if that capability is not supported, then it's
              > > just not going to be included instead of having a false value.
              >
              > because you have not figured out how WURFL works yet
              >
              > Luca

              Hehe, good one, Luca.
              We're (contributors)doing our best to have as few wrong values as
              possible.
              Rok
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 27, 2008
                san.liaonovak wrote:

                > Hehe, good one, Luca.
                > We're (contributors)doing our best to have as few wrong values as
                > possible.

                I know, guys. I am very grateful to all the contributors. I realize I
                may sound a bit harsh at times. That's just because I am trying to do
                way too many things in parallel and I do not always have the time to
                polish my wordings. Sorry for that.