Re: Missed or ignored?

  • deancollinscognation
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
      > > For instance they have:
      > >
      > > 1) Camera resolution/number of pixels
      Sure why not, I think MB would be enough

      > > 2) Smart-Phone or Full-Browser ( I don't know what this means yet)
      > > 3) Music Player
      Hmmm wouldn't all of them?

      > > 4) Carrier-Id/Name
      Nope, this wouldn't make sense in the gsm space where handsets move
      around

      > > 5) RFID
      This I think does make sense to start tracking. Expect to see a lot
      more of these handsets and a lot more projects wanting this
      information.

      > > 6) Infra-Red
      Nope, has anyone seen infrared since the handspring?

      > > 7) SUICA (smart card for transportation in Japan by subway
      and ...)
      Nope - too restrictive and small a number. You could flag handsets as
      ewallet capable but with so many 'standards' out there it wouldn't
      help anyway.

      Cheers,
      Dean Collins
      www.Amethon.com
    • ramsin.savra
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 3:05 PM
        Hi Luca,

        Yes there are several companies in Japan are using there information.
        However, I need to ask for premission first, since it doesn't belong
        to me.

        The format is CSV so we won't have any problem with it and it is
        readable.

        Regards,
        Ramsin

        --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Luca Passani <passani@...>
        wrote:

        > Ramsin, we don't have those capabilities in WURFL. We can add them,
        as
        > long as:
        >
        > - there is a big enough number of people who want them
        > - someone has that information available in a format that's
        readable by
        > a computer program
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Luca
        >
        > ramsin.savra wrote:
        > > Hello group,
        > >
        > > I was comparing a Japanese csv/xml file (in terms of
        capabilities) to
        > > what we have in WURFL and I realized we don't have specificed
        such
        > > capabilities in WURFL XML.
        > >
        > > Does this mean those features are ignored or not added yet?
        > >

        > > For instance they have:
        > >
        > > 1) Camera resolution/number of pixels
        > > 2) Smart-Phone or Full-Browser ( I don't know what this means yet)
        > > 3) Music Player
        > > 4) Carrier-Id/Name
        > > 5) RFID
        > > 6) Infra-Red
        > > 7) SUICA (smart card for transportation in Japan by subway
        and ...)

        > > I will appreciate it if somebody answer this since I'm working on
        > > project which includes Japanese cell phones as well.
        > >
        > > Regards.

      • ramsin.savra
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 3:15 PM
          Hello Dean,

          Thanks for your responose. You mentioend that I can refer to MB in
          order to retrieve information about Camera resolution. Is that right?!
          I looked it up but didn't find anything.

          1) Would you please give me some help here?
          2) I guess we don't have any definition for "smart phone". Right?
          3) Can I use "Product_info -> capacity: mobile_browser" to verify a
          browser?

          4) Regarding "Music Player", isn't better to have a Music_Player
          element? specially that now every company/provider comes up with its
          own software. Any suggestions?

          5) Where can we add the RFID to this tree?

          6) Infra-Red. Yes there are lots of Japanese one and also I have seen
          in the US recently. This is getting so complicated I even see mobile
          with Web server. I guess I didn't see any entry in WURFL for that.

          7) Regarding SUICA I guess you are right. maybe in future.

          Looking forward to hear from you and group.

          Thanks,
          Ramsin

          --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "deancollinscognation"