Re: [wmlprogramming] New Motorola V3M for Sprint and Samsung A707 for Cingular

  • Andrea Trasatti
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      Il giorno 01/dic/06, alle ore 01:08, jwmeigs ha scritto:

      > USER AGENT:
      > Motorola-V3m Obigo/Q04C1 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/
      > CLDC-1.1

      I had received a contribution that said that the V3m is this:
      MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0

      Maybe a different version? "A different V3m"?

      > I think this has the same capabilities as the other RAZRs but adds
      > CLDC-1.1 and audio capture through J2ME ?

      According to Motorola developers' site, there are two version of the
      V3, one with CLDC 1.0 and one with CLDC 1.1.
      I don't know how to distinguish them. For example the V3i IS CLDC
      1.1, but I don't have any user-agent for the V3 that also has CLDC 1.1.

      > It's currently falling back too:
      >
      > [fall_back] => spv_ver1
      > [id] => spv_ver1_submotompx200
      > [user_agent] => Motorola-MPX200

      > USER AGENT:
      > SAMSUNG-SGH-A707/1.0 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0
      > profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1
      >

      > Resolution is 240x320

      I'll add it, thanks.

      Andrea Trasatti
      My Blog: http://trasatti.blogspot.com/
      W3C invited expert
    • Ron Mandel
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
        In CDMA land here in the states we have Verizon and SprintPCS. These
        days Verizon is pretty much all Openwave (UP.Browser) (except for MSFT
        and RIM devices) and SprintPCS has got other things going on. This would
        likely explain the two different v3m phones...

        Ron

        --
        Ron Mandel
        Chief Architect Developer Products

        For the latest on Openwave Developer Tools, please visit
        http://developer.openwave.com

        Please visit our discussion boards at
        http://devforum.openwave.com
      • Andrea Trasatti
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          Il giorno 03/dic/06, alle ore 09:41, Ron Mandel ha scritto:

          > In CDMA land here in the states we have Verizon and SprintPCS. These
          > days Verizon is pretty much all Openwave (UP.Browser) (except for MSFT
          > and RIM devices) and SprintPCS has got other things going on. This
          > would
          > likely explain the two different v3m phones...

          So it's the same phone with two different browser installations, right?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            I added these in CVS.

            Il giorno 01/dic/06, alle ore 01:08, jwmeigs ha scritto:

            > USER AGENT:
            > Motorola-V3m Obigo/Q04C1 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/
            > CLDC-1.1
            >
            > I think this has the same capabilities as the other RAZRs but adds
            > CLDC-1.1 and audio capture through J2ME ?
            >
            > It's currently falling back too:
            >
            > [fall_back] => spv_ver1
            > [id] => spv_ver1_submotompx200
            > [user_agent] => Motorola-MPX200

            > USER AGENT:
            > SAMSUNG-SGH-A707/1.0 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0
            > profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1
            >

            > Resolution is 240x320
            >
            > jeremy
            >

            > As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned from WMLProgramming!
            > before you post.
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • jwmeigs
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
              > I added these in CVS.

              Awesome thanks you guys are so quick!

              One thing. When I looked at the specs for the phone it had the
              resolution as:

              Width: 320
              Height: 240

              This was backwards. We did a demo using the Cingular a707 (at Cingular
              even) and I had added this phone in the patch file before the demo with:

              Width: 240
              Height: 320

              and the image fit perfectly. So I think the specs are incorrect? Sorry
              I don't have the phone back yet to verify in person.

              jeremy
            • Andrea Trasatti
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2006
                Il giorno 05/dic/06, alle ore 02:40, jwmeigs ha scritto:

                >> I added these in CVS.
                >
                > Awesome thanks you guys are so quick!
                >
                > One thing. When I looked at the specs for the phone it had the
                > resolution as:
                >
                > Width: 320
                > Height: 240
                >
                > This was backwards. We did a demo using the Cingular a707 (at Cingular
                > even) and I had added this phone in the patch file before the demo
                > with:
                >
                > Width: 240
                > Height: 320
                >
                > and the image fit perfectly. So I think the specs are incorrect? Sorry
                > I don't have the phone back yet to verify in person.

                Looking at the device picture on Cingular's site... I agree that the
                spec is wrong.

                I fixed it and will upload to CVS later today.