Re: WURFL AND CSS

  • noahd1
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      I actually made custom tags for divs and spans, because otherwise our
      markup was full of conditionals and impossible to read.

      If the device is WML the wap:div tag prints out a line break. WML
      prints nothing if it sees a wap:span tag.

      I also added a "wmlStyle" attribute to the wap:span tag. The styles it
      supports are basic ones you'd expect like bold, italic, etc, that
      print out <b>, <i>, etc for WML and nothing for XHTML. I also added
      some custom ones like "header" that print out bold and big tags for
      example.

      If you think this would be useful to the community at large, let me
      know. Following the WALL tag lead it was trivial to write, though
      admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time testing it.

      - Noah

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        > If you think this would be useful to the community at large,
        > let me know. Following the WALL tag lead it was trivial
        > to write, though
        > admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time testing it

        yes, please send it to me. Chances are I add the fix in the next version of the WALL library

        Luca