Re: Intranet & WAP

  • gomathym2k2
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 5 3:51 AM
      hi,
      I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed by a wap browser.I
      use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml files with a WAP
      emulator which is installed on another m/c.
      I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://<ip address of my
      m/c>/first.wml" .
      I get the error message "unsupported content type".
      can anyone pls help me.

      Thanks.M.Gomathy
    • imran rahi
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 5 10:42 PM
        Hi
        can check ur code in this validator
        http://validator.w3.org/

        --- gomathym2k2 <gomathym2k2@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        > I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed
        > by a wap browser.I
        > use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml
        > files with a WAP
        > emulator which is installed on another m/c.
        > I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://<ip
        > address of my
        > m/c>/first.wml" .
        > I get the error message "unsupported content type".
        > can anyone pls help me.
        >
        > Thanks.M.Gomathy
        >

        > As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned
        > from WMLProgramming!
        > Please fail to read
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wmlprogramming/ before
        > you post.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ahmed Sirajee
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 5 10:59 PM
          Dear gomathym...
          What WAP emulator are you using?
          Check the access point of your browser configuration?
          Hope it works.
          Sincerely,
          Ahmed

          --
          Ahmed Arif Sirajee
          880172961331

        • Andre van den Heever
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 6 1:07 AM
            you might still have to add the mime type to your httpd.conf file for the
            .wml extention

            > I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed by a wap browser.I
            > use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml files with a WAP
            > emulator which is installed on another m/c.
            > I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://<ip address of my
            > m/c>/first.wml" .
            > I get the error message "unsupported content type".
            > can anyone pls help me.
            >
            > Thanks.M.Gomathy
            >

            > As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned from WMLProgramming!
            > you post.
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Mario Menti
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 6 1:27 AM
              On 10/5/05, gomathym2k2 <gomathym2k2@...> wrote:
              > hi,
              > I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed by a wap browser.I
              > use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml files with a WAP
              > emulator which is installed on another m/c.
              > I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://<ip address of my
              > m/c>/first.wml" .
              > I get the error message "unsupported content type".
              > can anyone pls help me.

              Have you added the WML MIME types to the web server?
            • ALEX HYDE
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 6 1:57 AM
                Hey.

                Not sure if someone already answered this and I am
                proably the least qualified person on this group to
                answer as I'm new to all this as well. But, at a
                guess, I would say that either Apache is not
                configured to serve up the right content, (eg wml), or
                you are serving up the wrong content to the phone, (eg
                xhtml to a device expecting wml).

                I'm only guessing!

                --- gomathym2k2 <gomathym2k2@...> wrote:

                > hi,
                > I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed
                > by a wap browser.I
                > use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml
                > files with a WAP
                > emulator which is installed on another m/c.
                > I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://<ip
                > address of my
                > m/c>/first.wml" .
                > I get the error message "unsupported content type".
                > can anyone pls help me.
                >
                > Thanks.M.Gomathy
                >

                > As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned
                > from WMLProgramming!
                > Please fail to read
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wmlprogramming/ before
                > you post.
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Gomathy .M
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 8 2:17 AM
                  hi ,
                  Thanks for u reply.Got worked.Now my problem is to convert html into wml so that the web-site can be viewd in a wap browser also.
                  Depending on th browser type,it should be automatically converted to wml.Is there any way to do this? Or should i have to code in wml.

                  --- gomathym2k2 wrote:

                  > hi,
                  > I am trying to develop a site which can be viewed
                  > by a wap browser.I
                  > use Apache server and Php4.I want to view my wml
                  > files with a WAP
                  > emulator which is installed on another m/c.
                  > I use Openwave's SDK.I typed the url "http://> address of my
                  > m/c>/first.wml" .
                  > I get the error message "unsupported content type".
                  > can anyone pls help me.
                  >
                  > Thanks.M.Gomathy
                  >

                  > As of July 14 2005, it's much easier to be banned
                  > from WMLProgramming!
                  > Please fail to read
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wmlprogramming/ before
                  > you post.