WURFL errors

  • eiroca
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi,
      WURFL.xml v1.73 has some errors:

      - Sharp GX20 has fallback set to "opwv_v6_generic" instead
      of "sharp_tqgx10_ver1", in particular GX20 supports GIF, JPG and PNG

      - Motorola V525 (User-agent MOT-V500 and MOT-V525), has the following
      missing properties:
      var $display_resolution_width = 170;
      var $display_resolution_height = 185;
      var $display_max_image_width = 170;
      var $display_max_image_height = 185;

      - Nokia 3650, has a display_max_image_width = 170 intead of the 176
      declared in WURFL (pictures with a 176 pixels width scrolls horiz.).

      Enrico
    • Andrea Trasatti
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        The Sharp and Motorola's are fixed.

        I would like to hear some opinions about the 3650. Nokia papers declare
        176 pixels, but I think Enrico could be right too. Probably the device
        supports up to 176 pixels but add scrollbar.

        Enrico, was the image also scrolling vertically? Maybe the 6 pixels
        missing are due to the vertical scrollbar.

        Anyone had a chance to verify that?

        Enrico, do you have a test page? I have a 3650.
        - Andrea

        Lunedì, 1 mar 2004, alle 19:30 Europe/Rome, eiroca ha scritto:

        > Hi,
        > WURFL.xml v1.73 has some errors:
        >
        > - Sharp GX20 has fallback set to "opwv_v6_generic" instead
        > of "sharp_tqgx10_ver1", in particular GX20 supports GIF, JPG and PNG
        >
        > - Motorola V525 (User-agent MOT-V500 and MOT-V525), has the following
        > missing properties:
        > var $display_resolution_width = 170;
        > var $display_resolution_height = 185;
        > var $display_max_image_width = 170;
        > var $display_max_image_height = 185;
        >
        > - Nokia 3650, has a display_max_image_width = 170 intead of the 176
        > declared in WURFL (pictures with a 176 pixels width scrolls horiz.).
        >
        > Enrico
      • eiroca
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
          Hi,
          > Enrico, was the image also scrolling vertically? Maybe the 6 pixels
          > missing are due to the vertical scrollbar.
          If images are wider than 170pixel (height is irrilevant) you must
          scroll to see them.
          No scroll bar are drawn also if you need to scroll horiz or vert to
          see an XHTML page.

          > Anyone had a chance to verify that?
          I have a Nokia 3650.

          > Enrico, do you have a test page? I have a 3650.
          My site can be took as a test page, but Nokia is configured with a
          width of 170pixels and it is written in Italian.

          http://www.eiroca.net/mobile/index.php?s=PG&a=IMG&c=3&i=3_0

          Enrico