Re: [wmlprogramming] XHTML-MP - reference sites?

  • Thomas Eitzenberger
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
      >Maybe it isn't possible to do anything with XHTML-MP that is 100%
      >functional on all wap 2 devices. Do we have to develop custom sites
      >in XHTML-MP for each mobile browser? Is the problem that big??

      No the main problem now is with lack of support for wml namespace tags
      in xhtml browsers !
      e.g. Openwave browser is fulminant on doing its job. YOu can use WML and
      xhtml in one page and use the best of both whereas
      Nokia series 60 wap browser is questionable at least. Without wml
      support you are simply not able to produce a user friendly wap page
      (imagine there is NO softkey nav !)

      Ericsson brosers have a cruel/severe bug when it comes to submiting
      input fields on xhtml pages rendering it useless for input of data but
      displaying is fine

      We have a commercial site running but this is restzricted to T-mobile
      austrian users.
      We will however have a new site up and running later in august contact
      me in private if you want to take a look at it then

      mfg
      --
      Eitzenberger Thomas
      PSE CSS PSG Ref