RE: [wmlprogramming] Re: How to communicate with gsm modem

  • ibrahim ÇAKICI
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 6, 2002
      http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/javadocs/API_users_guide.html

      I have used javacomm api (SimpleRead and SimpleWrite) from sun Java and
      I wrote a better thread management.

      you can use both windows and UX machines.

      2 ways of programming

      1-the easy in a infinite loop look for port input.
      2-the hard the fast when a port input comes runs the event you run
      your parser.

      I got COM Port hub for scalability.

      I got write a management software for SMS Sending and Receiving.

      almost %80 project cancelled.

      :)

      Sorry, I have left that company 4 months ago and I have no source at
      hand.

      ibrahim �AKICI
      0212 287 02 32 (147)
      <http://www.bumed.org.tr/> www.bumed.org.tr
      Message 34 of 34 , May 6, 2003
        Hello,

        Some comments about i-mode HTML are below.

        On Monday 05 May 2003 18:05, Boris Granveaud wrote:
        > >For chtml, as far as I can remember (also checked some old messages) the
        > > only thing that matters is if it supports emoji which should be supported
        > > by default. Considering that we are going to put the markup group back
        > > on, maybe we don't need this. Dunno. i-Mode guys, what do you think?
        >
        > emoji are supported by default on real i-Mode phones. However, the
        > Motorola T720 for example is a WAP phone but it is also
        > CHTML-compatible. The only i-Mode things it doesn't support are: emojis
        > and UTN, the identifier the phone can send if asked in a link or in a
        > form. Look for example at the UTN section in this article:
        > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wi-imode/.

        In general NTT DoCoMo is quite good at making sure their offered handsets meet
        the standards set for i-mode. This means that the amount of information to
        track about the handset can be considerably less than what is seen in the
        WURFL. One thing that should be tracked though is that the i-mode European
        emoji and Japanese emoji are not a one to one mapping. This means that if
        emoji support is going to be defined, the WURFL should probably track which
        emoji type a handset supports (None,European,Japanese).
        I would like to reiterate that, as from the link that Boris provided, cHTML
        and i-mode's HTML are not the same. I-mode HTML is an extension to cHTML so
        things like UTN, emoji, marquees, and soon to be Flash tags are not found in
        cHTML. Most likely many handsets claiming i-mode support that are not given
        the i-mode brand will do cHTML and a possible smattering of i-mode HTML
        elements.

        Here is a list of the i-mode HTML tags and features.

        http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p_s/imode/index.html [English link to
        i-mode tags, not as up to-date as the Japanese link offered below. ]

        Japanese links, but it is pretty easy to get an good overview of the tags
        provided if you do not read Japanese.

        http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/index.html
        http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/tag/index.html [direct link to the page
        with i-mode HTML tag listings]

        As the header does not require the version of i-mode HTML to be declared I
        would recommend not having three types of chtml markup definitions in the
        WURFL markup group. Perhaps two chtml and i-mode HTML (or just one). Then
        we can set the supported i-mode HTML version tags in a manner similar to the
        Nokia Series bases in the WURFL.

        Best,
        Zev