thewirelessfaq site

  • laszlo_nadai <lnadai@jnet1.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
      Looks like the search service is down.
      Can you check it?
      laszlo
    • Ed Alkema
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
        Thanks Laszlo up and running again.
        What is the address for the official WURLF site?
        I have wurlf.com waiting to point to some address.

        Ed

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
          >>official WURLF site

          Right now it is still:
          http://jnet1.com/wapresources/final/wurfl.xml
          but we will move it to wurfl.sourceforge.net/.....????
          Then we should update the reference to it within wurfl.xml.
          Luca and Andrea will know more about that.

          laszlo

          --- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Alkema" <ealkema@b...>
          wrote:
          > Thanks Laszlo up and running again.
          > What is the address for the official WURLF site?
          > I have wurlf.com waiting to point to some address.
          >
          > Ed

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • luca passani
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
            yeah,

            http://wurfl.sourceforge.net is the entry point to all of the WURFL related
            sites. You can make wurfl.com point there.

            Who will be attending 3GSM in cannes next week?

            thank you

            luca

            laszlo_nadai wrote:

            >>>official WURLF site
            >>>

            >Right now it is still:
            >http://jnet1.com/wapresources/final/wurfl.xml
            >but we will move it to wurfl.sourceforge.net/.....????
            >Then we should update the reference to it within wurfl.xml.
            >Luca and Andrea will know more about that.
            >
            >laszlo
            >
            >--- In wmlprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Alkema" <ealkema@b...>
            >wrote:
            >

            >>Thanks Laszlo up and running again.
            >>What is the address for the official WURLF site?
            >>I have wurlf.com waiting to point to some address.
            >>
            >>Ed

          • Ed Alkema
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
              Guys,

              wurfl.com an www.wurfl.com will be pointing to the official wurfl web site
              at souceforge soon.
              luca.wurfl.com is also pointing at the source forge
              laszlo.wurfl.com to laszlo his site
              webcab.wurfl.com to the webcab site
              is there a list with al wurfl related sites..

              If you have a problem with some of this please let me know and I will change
              it.

              Ed
            • laszlo_nadai <lnadai@jnet1.com>
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
                Re: laszlo.wurfl.com
                I think the jnet1.com/wapresources is not going to be needed.
                All the stuff can be moved to sourceforge (most of them already are
                there).
                You could point laszlo.wurfl.com
                wlbiz.com/wurfl.html
                which is the gui stuff and gets quite some traffic (and is pretty
                much up and running all the time).
                I will then change my link to wurfl.xml (on the left frame) to point
                back to sourceforge.
                I also may add my own links to my other stuff (like apache Soap WURFL
                and WURFL services from DOTNET) once finalized.
                What do you think?

                wrote:
                > Guys,
                >
                > wurfl.com an www.wurfl.com will be pointing to the official wurfl
                web site
                > at souceforge soon.
                > luca.wurfl.com is also pointing at the source forge
                > laszlo.wurfl.com to laszlo his site
                > webcab.wurfl.com to the webcab site
                > is there a list with al wurfl related sites..
                >
                > If you have a problem with some of this please let me know and I
                will change
                > it.
                >
                > Ed
              • luca passani
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
                  Thank you Ed,

                  I think we can have as many aliases as we like, but I would stick to one
                  entry point or people may get confused. Also, by having redirects, we
                  increase the possibility
                  that a site appears to be down when just the redirector is.

                  thank you

                  Luca