[wmlprogramming] Two questions

  • Peter Y.D. Shieh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello,

      I have 2 questions:

      1) Now I'm modifying the HTML version of an ISAPI program into WML
      version.
      In the HTML version, we have an ISAPI filter which can check the user
      ID and
      password. If those are correct, then all the following HTTP requests
      from the
      browser would have the user ID within the HTTP header, so I can access
      it with something like GetServerVariable("REMOTE_USER", xxx,xxx). Is
      there a similar
      mechanism between the micro-browser and WML page server? If not, is
      there
      any solution to do authentication?

      2) I need the user to input some figures, which can be integers or
      floating
      point numbers. If I use <input ... format="*N"/>, can the user input the
      decimal point? I have tried both "#" and "*" with Nokia WAP Toolkit
      1.3beta, but in the resulting URL, "#" became %23(or other number) and
      "*" was still
      an "*". After all, my ultimate question is, can user input the decimal
      point
      if the format of <input> is "*N"?

      Thx for your patience to read all these and any help in advance!
    • Espen Lyngaas
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        ><snip>
        >Is there a similar mechanism between the micro-browser and WML page
        >server? If not, is there any solution to do authentication?

        As far as *I* know, Basic Authentication is supported. I personally haven't
        tested it, but I will do for the FAQ. If it supports authentication, you
        should be able to read the userid from the REMOTE_USER variable.

        >2) I need the user to input some figures, which can be integers or
        >floating point numbers. If I use <input ... format="*N"/>, can the user
        >input the
        >decimal point? I have tried both "#" and "*" with Nokia WAP Toolkit
        >1.3beta, but in the resulting URL, "#" became %23(or other number) and
        >"*" was still an "*". After all, my ultimate question is, can user input
        >the decimal
        >point if the format of <input> is "*N"?

        The Nokia WML docs says that N means any numeric and punctation character.
        Ie. *N should accept floating point numbers too.

        Are phones localized? :-) I mean, on a PC, a decimal point can be either a
        dot or a comma, right? At least in Norway, where we like to be special.

        --
        Espen Lyngaas, IT Consultant, Color Group ASA
        http://home.c2i.net/elyngaas/