Re: end-to-end security

  • idan@binder4u.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
      > "End to end" security is a pile of pants anyway. It's one of those
      phrases
      > people with no understanding of the issues mouth blindly hoping
      they sound
      > knowledgable. The lack of E2E security has not prevented commerce
      on the
      > Internet, it shouldn't on WAP either.

      Comverse developed an End 2 End solution. the product work very good.

      http://www.comverse.com/solutions/mobi_sol.htm
      the Mega.Flow and the eXa.Flow can provide E2E.
    • Gus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2001
        On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 idan@... wrote:

        > Comverse developed an End 2 End solution. the product work very good.

        You missed the point of the disucssion. Transport layer security != end to
        end security.

        > http://www.comverse.com/solutions/mobi_sol.htm
        > the Mega.Flow and the eXa.Flow can provide E2E.

        | Deliver WAP and IP-based value-added services to all device browsers
        | with Comverse's eXa.Flow. Perfect for small and medium-sized
        | enterprises, eXa.Flow features patent-pending conversion technology that
        | enables ultrafast and reliable service, along with real-time security
        | and transparent multiple-protocol support of standard WAP gateways. A
        | stand-alone board device that can support a large number of subscribers
        | concurrently, eXa.Flow ensures a superior cost/performance ratio.

        Sounds like snake oil to me. Perhaps it's just appallingly bad copy
        writing though.

        --
        - angus@... -
        = Zygo Communications, London UK =