34608Re: [wmlprogramming] email capability

    Dec 16, 2013
      Hello Chris,

      is it possible to understand more about the use case for this?

      One way to look at it is that with Smartphones having email clients as standard and Google, Microsoft and Yahoo supporting email also on legacy browsers, it is hard to think of devices for which no access to email can be assumed.

      Having said this, we are always open to the notion of adding new capabilities.

      Thanks

      Luca

      On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Christophe Lassus <christophe.lassus@...> wrote:

      Hi there,

      I was wondering which wurfl capability(ies) to use to work out whether a
      device is likely to be able to receive emails.

      Not sure why there is no such capability; may be because it's not
      directly linked to the handset but to whether an email client has been
      installed or not?

      Anyway, with what is available today, may be I could go by detecing
      smartphones based on xhtml_support_level = 4 (possibly 3).

      Thank you for any better suggestion or comments...

      Chris

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic