34589Re: [wmlprogramming] Re: WURFL and Google Glass
- Jul 4, 2013Thank you for your insight, Eduardo. So, what do you suggest?is_glasses? is_wearable_on_head?also:
> 4) Apart from the virtual attributes, is there a fundamental reason why the capability> lists at http://www.scientiamobile.com/wurflCapability and at http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/help_doc.php differ?
because we have done a crappy job at reconciling the two :( but we are working on it.LucaOn Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM, casays <casays@...> wrote:
> Now the question is: is_google_glass anyone?
Difficult to answer such a question without some more information:
1) Do you have any idea of the capabilities of Google Glass?
2) If yes, can "is_google_glass" become a virtual attribute (derived from the capabilities themselves)?
3) In any case, other firms already have or are planning to introduce similar devices or head-mounted displays. It might be better then to introduce a more abstract device type attribute (similar to is_tablet, is_smarttv, is_console, etc) than the firm-specific is_google_glass.
Which by association of ideas brings me to the following questions:
4) Apart from the virtual attributes, is there a fundamental reason why the capability lists at http://www.scientiamobile.com/wurflCapability and at http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/help_doc.php differ?
5) There are other devices which are not by themselves wireless devices or mobile phones, but do have an embedded Web browser: iPod and Samsung Galaxy Player are the most prominent, but things like car dahsboard browsers are slowly creeping out of labs. No, I do not have a need to support such information -- my point is more to know whether anybody out there is already having to contend with them.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>