Re: [West Constables] March Crown

  • alberic_wolf
    Message 1 of 54 , Mar 24, 2003
      --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "wulfy95113" <ladydove@p...>
      wrote:
      > Well, I don't have an issue per se, nor am I complaining, just
      wanted
      > some "rumor control".
      >
      > I am unclear about one aspect of this, however- why did the blame
      > fall upon the Kates? I know we always make sure that anyone who
      > SERVES alcohol is responsible, but isn't it a bit much to have
      folks
      > check on anyone who just drops by the fire with a drink in their
      > hand?

      The drinks were given to this girl in the Kates camp. We do not know
      if it was one of the Kates or a guest at their party. Either way, the
      Kates were aware that alcohol was being distributed and as it is
      their party, it is their responsibility.

      What "incident" occured in their camp? Her being apprehended,
      > or her being given the booze?

      BOTH

      I had heard that she was at other
      > parties also, is this true? I mean, if she was wandering from fire
      > to fire, and she was given the booze elsewhere, but we finally
      caught
      > up with her at the Kates- is that somehow their fault?

      She may have attended other parties, but the alcohol was given to her
      at the Kates. In this instance, both the Kates and the girl share
      fault.

      > This seems like the right forum to discuss these kinds of issues.
      It
      > is "just us" after all.

      This is a good forum for discussion of the issues. Evaluation of
      what worked and what didn't. This is NOT a good forum for
      challenging other constables, or bashing the actions of other
      constables. If there are concerns regarding a constable or their
      actions, I would prefer to be contacted privately by the parties
      making the allegation. Unfounded allegations by persons not present
      serve no function but to create hostility.

      I was dealing with another incident at the time the party was shut
      down - However, the constable who shut the party down, on my orders,
      has been a constable for a long time and knows what he is doing. We
      have discussed this issue and debriefed.

      Alberic
      Kingdom Constable
    • Sven_gotfriedson@comcast.net
      Message 54 of 54 , Jan 25, 2006
        I sure can. I'll keep this E-Mail to remind me.
        From: Susan Burch-Williamson <lady_bethia@...>