Re: [West Constables] RE: Re: CIC

  • momcatz
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 11, 2005
      Na'arah, sister of my heart,
      I have special stuff set aside for constabs. They
      will be well taken care of. I can do no less.

      --- The MOMstable <the_momstable@...>
      wrote:

      > And don't forget the Momstable's Motto - "if you
      > feed them, they will
      > come". That's how I became the Momstable in the
      > first place.
      > Seriously, if you have munchies and drinks (cold
      > soda and water and tea
      > when the weather is warm, a hot kettle with tea,
      > cocoa and coffee
      > available for the colder events) it makes gate a
      > much more pleasant
      > experience and lets the poor gate monitor feel
      > appreciated.
      >
      > The MOMstable
      >
      > --- John LaTorre <jlatorre@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Bethia, new Lord High Constable (Congratulations!
      > Whoo whoo!) wrote:
      > > > Momcatz making a gate roster is a very good
      > idea.
      > >

      > > When I was Principality Constable, it was hard to
      > rely on enough
      > > people to
      > > work the gate (twice as hard as a Kingdom event,
      > since there were
      > > only have
      > > the number of attendees to do the same amount of
      > work). I used two
      > > techniques to drum up help.
      > >
      > > 1. I made a list of all the active constables in
      > the Principality,
      > > and
      > > called each one of them to ask them if they were
      > going to the event,
      > > and if
      > > they could help out for a shift. It again
      > demonstrated that people
      > > will make
      > > a special effort to help you if you make a special
      > effort to ask
      > > them.
      > >
      > > 2. I went up to all the Peers on site and said "I
      > need help. Can I
      > > persuade
      > > you to do a one-hour shift? Can I ask you to bid
      > your
      > > squire/apprentice/protege/fosterling/minion to do
      > the same, as part
      > > of their
      > > service requirement?" More often than not, I got
      > them to donate an
      > > hour or
      > > so.
      > >
      > > Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
      > >
      > > P.S. Are we going to get around to that revision
      > of the Constable's
      > > Handbook? I offered to do that for Gwyn and then
      > Alberich, but they
      > > wanted
      > > to do it themselves, and it just kind of got lost
      > in the shuffle (the
      > > old
      > > up-to-your-ass-in-alligators thing, I guess). I
      > offer it to you, now.

      > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
      > search.
      > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

      =====
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 12, 2005
        Snicker!

        Christophe d'Avignon <christophe@...> wrote:You're lucky, Bethia. If I were to kill you for that, as you so richly
        deserve, I'd have to take your job. Nice bit of life insurance there!
        :-p
        Christophe