John wrote:

  • momcatz
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2004
      "There were a few other forms, such as checklists for the gate and a
      form for the autocrat to fill out so the Constabulary had local
      emergency contact information, but they weren't in plain-text format
      either."

      Do they exist? and can they be translated into Word? or Excel?

      inquiring minds want to know... hehehehe

      Baraka, who really isn't all that sure she want's to know but will ask
      anyway
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2004
        > "There were a few other forms, such as checklists for the gate and a
        > form for the autocrat to fill out so the Constabulary had local
        > emergency contact information, but they weren't in plain-text format
        > either."
        >
        > Do they exist? and can they be translated into Word? or Excel?
        >
        > inquiring minds want to know... hehehehe
        >
        > Baraka, who really isn't all that sure she want's to know but will ask
        > anyway

        I believe they're to be found in the Exchequers' handbook. For the
        majority of the Society, money handling (including Gate) is the sole
        province of the chancellor of the exchequer. In fact, as near as I can
        tell, most Kingdoms don't even have an office of the constable/sheriff (as
        it is called in at least one Kingdom). (In fact, note that there is no
        Society Constable/Sheriff.) So for society wide standards, the forms have
        to come from a society officer, hence the exchequer.

        I apologise for my long-windedness. Such details of inter-Kingdom and/or
        Society anthropology, I find quite interesting. I know these details bore
        others...

        To make a long story longer, I believe the forms you seek can be found on
        www.sca.org or the Westkingdom site, on the Exchequer's page.

        Christophe
      • momcatz
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2004
          Not boring at all dear. I did indeed earlier today in
          fact, look up forms in the exchequer's handbook,
          finding what I sought. thank you for your insight.
          Now if I could just go to sleep....

          Baraka, wandering the halls of the oh so small
          apartment...
          --- Christophe d'Avignon <christophe@...>
          wrote:

          > > "There were a few other forms, such as checklists
          > for the gate and a
          > > form for the autocrat to fill out so the
          > Constabulary had local
          > > emergency contact information, but they weren't in
          > plain-text format
          > > either."
          > >
          > > Do they exist? and can they be translated into
          > Word? or Excel?
          > >
          > > inquiring minds want to know... hehehehe
          > >
          > > Baraka, who really isn't all that sure she want's
          > to know but will ask
          > > anyway
          >
          > I believe they're to be found in the Exchequers'
          > handbook. For the
          > majority of the Society, money handling (including
          > Gate) is the sole
          > province of the chancellor of the exchequer. In
          > fact, as near as I can
          > tell, most Kingdoms don't even have an office of the
          > constable/sheriff (as
          > it is called in at least one Kingdom). (In fact,
          > note that there is no
          > Society Constable/Sheriff.) So for society wide
          > standards, the forms have
          > to come from a society officer, hence the exchequer.
          >
          > I apologise for my long-windedness. Such details of
          > inter-Kingdom and/or
          > Society anthropology, I find quite interesting. I
          > know these details bore
          > others...
          >
          > To make a long story longer, I believe the forms you
          > seek can be found on
          > www.sca.org or the Westkingdom site, on the
          > Exchequer's page.
          >
          > Christophe

          =====
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
        • John LaTorre
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004

            Then Baraka wrote:

            > Do they exist? and can they be translated into Word? or Excel?

            And Christophe responded:

            > I believe they're to be found in the Exchequers' handbook.

            No, the ones in the Exchequers Handbook are different forms (and useful
            ones, too). I've redacted the old constabulary forms into ASCII and will
            download them into the files section as soon as I can. They are from section
            six (the mysterious missing section), from which I stripped all the old
            waiver forms, since I don't want to have them posted in a public area. This
            is because some poor misguided soul might actually mistake them for the
            current (and legal) versions.

            The name of the file will be "old gate forms.txt" and if you're the CIC of
            an event, you may find them useful.

            Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
          • momcatz
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
              What a lovely christmas present...
              Thanks
              Baraka, grateful the snowstorm hit 150 miles north,
              although sorry for the folks stranded on christmas eve

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/LmiolB/TM

              =====

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
                Baron Johann Thank you very much!!!!