RE: West Constables Handbook

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004
      Iohannes Kynith wrote:

      > I have downloaded several Constable's Handbooks but I do not as yet have
      > yours. Many parallels in most Kingdoms is a good thing to see.
      > It makes my
      > "sales job" easier in the Kingdom of the Outlands. :)

      Sent off-list. If you've downloaded others, could I ask you to post the
      links so we can see them, too? Nothing like a little inter-kingdom
      anthropology to serve as a reality check.

      As for ours, I'll be happy to send it to others as well, but since I'm going
      to have to leave town for an indefinite amount of time (family medical
      crisis) I can't say when I'll be able to do it.

      I'd post it to the Yahoo groups web site, but I think that should really be
      Alberic's decision. I know he was going to do a revision to bring it up to
      date (but Gwyn wanted to do that, too, but it didn't happen).

      Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
    • Iohannes Kynith
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004
        I have started moving parts of my proposed Constable's handbook to my
        weblog. You can find it in my Articles section under Leadership. The link
        to go directly there is
        http://weblogs.sol3.net/keith.barrows/articles/OutlandsConstableDraft1.aspx

        Way not done yet! :)

        I will be adding more and when Article 3 is complete I would like to solicit
        feedback (either here or on the blog) - BUT - not until Article 3 is posted
        up there.

        Thanks!

        _____

        <http://weblogs.sol3.net//images/weblogs_sol3_net/keith.barrows/92/r_kynith1
        _tn.GIF>
        YIS
        Iohannes Kynith
        Constable for the Barony of Caerthe
        [in submission] Sable, a bend gules fembriated between a sun and three wolf
        teeth issuant dexter base Or.

        mka Keith Barrows
        http://weblogs.sol3.net/keith.barrows

        [in submission] Or, a flanged mace bendwise vert and a bordure embattled
        sable.

        <http://weblogs.sol3.net//images/weblogs_sol3_net/keith.barrows/92/t_constab
        le_tn.jpg>

        _____

        > I have downloaded several Constable's Handbooks but I do not as yet have
        > yours. Many parallels in most Kingdoms is a good thing to see.
        > It makes my
        > "sales job" easier in the Kingdom of the Outlands. :)

        Sent off-list. If you've downloaded others, could I ask you to post the
        links so we can see them, too? Nothing like a little inter-kingdom
        anthropology to serve as a reality check.

        As for ours, I'll be happy to send it to others as well, but since I'm going
        to have to leave town for an indefinite amount of time (family medical
        crisis) I can't say when I'll be able to do it.

        I'd post it to the Yahoo groups web site, but I think that should really be
        Alberic's decision. I know he was going to do a revision to bring it up to
        date (but Gwyn wanted to do that, too, but it didn't happen).

        Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296r6vht/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1100708539/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ij44lqt/*http://clk.
        atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100622139384296>
        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296r6vht/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1100708539/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ij44lqt/*http://clk.
        atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100622139384296>

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

        <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=11006221
        39384296>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2343726/rand=439419546>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Iohannes Kynith
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
          The way I found the handbooks originally was through a Google Search. If
          you follow the following link you will get the Google search I used:
          http://sol3.url123.com/Constable

          The Kingdom level links I found most useful are:

          *

          http://www.antir.sca.org/Offices/Constable/ConstablesHandbook6thEd-2.pdf
          *

          http://www.sca.org.au/constable/ (The main document I'm using to
          base ours off of - see below for explanation)
          *

          http://www.sca-caid.org/constable/constablehandbook/Constablehb.pdf

          I'm sure there are more in the Google search but I have not gotten too far
          with them as yet.

          _____

          > I have downloaded several Constable's Handbooks but I do not as yet have
          > yours. Many parallels in most Kingdoms is a good thing to see.
          > It makes my
          > "sales job" easier in the Kingdom of the Outlands. :)

          Sent off-list. If you've downloaded others, could I ask you to post the
          links so we can see them, too? Nothing like a little inter-kingdom
          anthropology to serve as a reality check.

          As for ours, I'll be happy to send it to others as well, but since I'm going
          to have to leave town for an indefinite amount of time (family medical
          crisis) I can't say when I'll be able to do it.

          I'd post it to the Yahoo groups web site, but I think that should really be
          Alberic's decision. I know he was going to do a revision to bring it up to
          date (but Gwyn wanted to do that, too, but it didn't happen).

          Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296r6vht/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1100708539/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ij44lqt/*http://clk.
          atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100622139384296>
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296r6vht/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1100708539/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ij44lqt/*http://clk.
          atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100622139384296>

          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada

          <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=11006221
          39384296>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2343726/rand=439419546>

          _____

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Reverend Chewbacca
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
            I was curious at one time, so I went from the sca.org site to each of
            the Kingdom websites. And from there to the officers' page that each
            has. There are only 18 (only 17 then) Kingdoms so it didn't take *too*
            long. I found it interesting that less than half of the Kingdoms even
            have an office of the Constable or Sheriff. I grabbed copies of all
            the handbooks I could find online at the time. I'll have to check my
            constable's box, but I printed out copies of all of them. Interesting
            reading during those long slow stretches at gate. <grin>

            Christophe

            --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "Iohannes Kynith" <kynith@s...>