Clarification

  • alberic_wolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15 8:37 PM
      For those of you who think the first scenario in my previous post is
      fictitous, think again. It has happened, not in our Kingdom, but has
      been done.

      I am dedicated to protecting the constables who report to me and if
      they follow the laws, policies and procedures, the buck will stop
      with me!

      In Service,
      Alberic Wolf
      West Kingdom Constable
    • Dan Wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15 9:01 PM
        Cite? Which Court? Docket number? Lawsuits are Public information, you
        know.

        And- as to the "buck stopping with you" - do you have Special Insurance that
        will protect them? or something that can stop them from being named as
        "co-defendants"- because if you have the later, I'd like to know about it.
        But yes, folks, I do think that Alberic will back you 100% with the SCA.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16 2:02 PM
          I searched on the various Legal search engines I have access to. I
          can't find any lawsuit of that type listed (against the SCA inc, that
          is...). I also went back through the BoD minutes- where they discuss
          (breifly) active suits against SCA inc. Also- nothing.

          So- if such a suit was filed against the SCA, I would like to read
          it. Can you provide the Plaintiffs name? Year? Docket? The SCA EVP
          for Legal can perhaps aid you in this.

          Lawsuits are Public Information. (True- settlements are often not).
          I don't doubt that you heard of such a lawsuit. I do doubt- based
          upon my research- if one was actually filed.
          Wulfy

          --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Wagner" <wulfstand@s...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16 2:19 PM
            Um, do we *have* to be this confrontational, Wulfy? Knowing you, you're
            probably not *intending* to be so, but this *really* comes across as you
            saying, "I don't believe what you're saying. Prove it!"

            As was stated by Torvaldr on the West list (yesterday, I think), before we
            send out posts to lists, read them again. Read them aloud. (Putting in my
            own 2 centimes here) Then read them aloud again, changing the emphasis.
            Remember, typing has no intonation. No matter how humorous (for example)
            your *intended* "tone" was, unless you go *way* out of your way to make
            that painfully clear, it will *not* come across.

            This is exactly the same thing that upset Anastacia earlier. And I could
            understand completely why she read things that way.

            I'm just as guilty as any sometimes, but (much as I hate to have to say
            it) you are one of the biggest perpetrators, Wulfy.

            Christophe, wearing his list moderator hat

            wulfy95113 said:
            > I searched on the various Legal search engines I have access to. I
            > can't find any lawsuit of that type listed (against the SCA inc, that
            > is...). I also went back through the BoD minutes- where they discuss
            > (breifly) active suits against SCA inc. Also- nothing.
            >
            > So- if such a suit was filed against the SCA, I would like to read it.
            > Can you provide the Plaintiffs name? Year? Docket? The SCA EVP for
            > Legal can perhaps aid you in this.
            >
            > Lawsuits are Public Information. (True- settlements are often not). I
            > don't doubt that you heard of such a lawsuit. I do doubt- based upon my
            > research- if one was actually filed.
            > Wulfy
            >
            > --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Wagner" <wulfstand@s...>
            > wrote:
            >> Cite? Which Court? Docket number? Lawsuits are Public information,
            > you
            >> know.
            >>> Wulfy

          • wulfy95113
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16 3:06 PM
              Honestly- I'd really like to read that lawsuit. I don't doubt that
              Al heard of it, I am sure he isn't just making it up to prove a point.

              If there is such a suit- it would be very educational.

              My WAG? Something like that did happen, the folks involved
              *threatened* to sue, that got turned into "did sue" by the time Al
              heard of it. But if it was filed, it could be an object lesson for
              us. I'll get a copy (even if I have to pay for it), and we can study
              it as 'what not to do". From what I can find- it wasn't actually
              filed, but since some Dockets don't get online, and there are some
              lacunae in the BoD minutes... well.....

              As to my messages being read in an entirely different tone than
              intended becuase I word them ...errr.... umm...."bluntly"- <g>
              absolutely. Mea Culpa. "No bout adout it" <g>

              I admit I often hear of "we were sued, and thus..." or "we were
              kicked out of that site becuase...." and since 9 times out of ten it
              is just a rumour I call folks on it. I don't like rumours. My
              Profession makes me like facts, instead, dammit. <g> "Just the
              facts, Ma'am" <g>
              Wulfy

              --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "Christophe d'Avignon"