Help with NMS talleying at 12th night

  • Lady Kateryn de Ver <katerynd@hotmail.co
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Good gentles:

      Those of you following the NMS discussions on SCA-West will be
      familiar with this, however, perhaps not very familiar with the
      additional requirements on the Constabulary for this event. What I
      am asking of you is that each of you donate some time to the gate(s)
      (2) at 12th night as without your help this task will fall to Alberic
      and myself. To comply with the wishes of those in the WKWC, we will
      not only need to talley each person as they come through the gate,
      but for all non-members we will need to keep a talley of their
      preferences regarding whether or not the WKWC pays their NMS. - This
      is in addition to the regular check in procedures. (We do not have to
      check ID's but do need to ask each person if they are bringing
      alcohol to be consumed on site - as this is not allowed at this
      location.)Although the WKWC wants this talleying done, they are not
      offering to help with the implementation of it. (my biggest problem
      with the WKWC) Personally, I do not want to lose the entire 12th
      night to gate duty - but there will be times when Alberic must be in
      court (and if possible I would like to attend with him.)

      This is simply a plea for your help from a person who is so upset by
      all the cr*p about the NMS that I really, for the first time, wish I
      could just skip 12th Night!

      YIS,

      Kate
      (Kate does not deal well with conflict - sorry if this comes through
      rude to anyone.)
    • Todd Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
        No problem. I can put in a couple of hours and, in fact, was planning on
        introducing myself to you and Alberic at the event and volunteering there.
        (Introducing myself, if for no other reason, to meet the new Boss :-)

        Christophe, firm supporter of the WKWC and volunteering on their behalf as
        well as as Darkwood's constable